6 replies to this topic

#1 benholden2008

benholden2008

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta
Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:30 AM

Just bought a Private plate on friday from the dvla website and was wondering how long it takes for the documents to arrive, the V750 i think its called? known the DVLA there not going to be in any rush to send it out but i was just wondering how long on adverage it should take, as it would be nice to have it on the car by the end of the week

Also a massive praise to http://www.no1showplates.co.uk/ who made the plates

Ordered at about 4:15PM Friday 23rd and they arrived on Saturday 24th at 9:30AM :lol:

If only everything could be delivered that fast!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

how did you get your plates without A V948, v750 or v778 certificate?

#3 Dave_M

Dave_M

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

Just bought a Private plate on friday from the dvla website and was wondering how long it takes for the documents to arrive, the V750 i think its called? known the DVLA there not going to be in any rush to send it out but i was just wondering how long on adverage it should take, as it would be nice to have it on the car by the end of the week

Also a massive praise to http://www.no1showplates.co.uk/ who made the plates

Ordered at about 4:15PM Friday 23rd and they arrived on Saturday 24th at 9:30AM :lol:

If only everything could be delivered that fast!

Hi

I've just done the same yesterday afternoon and they should have sent you a response email within minutes and it clearly states that you should allow up to 14 days for the V750 to arrive, so you still have a few days to wait but I would imagine that you will have it by this Saturday or before.

Hope this helps. :)

Dave

#4 Michael P

Michael P

Traitor to Ford

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Vauxhall Corsa
  • Year: 2011

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

I think i had to wait about a week for my V750 to come through, and then it was a case of taking it and the logbook and tax disk to the local DVLA office, spent about 20 minutes with them and then i was ready to put the plate on the car there and then in the car park! :)

#5 kevin lancelott

kevin lancelott

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Name: kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium X 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2013

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

Benholden it looks like we have the same car.What engine have you got.Mines the 1.6tdci.I am waiting for my log book for this car because I have only had it for two weeks.When I got it I will be straight over to the DVLA office to get my plate put on.It is on retention at the moment having taken it off my last car (mk6 fiesta). :D

#6 Amy

Amy

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

got the paperwork through for my plates after about 4 days, which to be honest, i was very impressed at! Like you, i didn't expect them to rush around and get them out faster.
Still unfortunately, waiting to put them on the thing now!

#7 benholden2008

benholden2008

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta
Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for the replies, hopefully I should have it by the end of the week then:-D

Yea it's the 1.6tdci, fantastic car and engine, especially when remapped or chipped

and I got the plates made up online so didn't need to wait for paperwork from dvla to say I can get them made up

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users