Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Mud Flaps

Dave_M

Hi

I have been looking at the mud flaps for the FIESTA MK7 2008 onwards and I would like to know if anyone can recommend the one on the FORD ONLINE Parts website?

http://www.fordonlineparts.co.uk/product/Ford_Fiesta_Mud_flaps%2C_front_-_2008_onwards_-_1531631_F1531631-83

Ford Fiesta Mud flaps, front - 2008 onwards - 1531631 @ £20.30 incl

http://www.fordonlineparts.co.uk/product/Ford_Fiesta_Mud_flaps%2C_rear_-_2008_onwards_-_1531632_F1531632-84

Ford Fiesta Mud flaps, rear - 2008 onwards - 1531632 @ £20.30 incl

I would also like to know if these products have the FORD sticker on them and can they be fitted without removing the wheels and is there any 'drilling envolved'?

Regards

Dave

Hi

I have been looking at the mud flaps for the FIESTA MK7 2008 onwards and I would like to know if anyone can recommend the one on the FORD ONLINE Parts website?

http://www.fordonlineparts.co.uk/product/Ford_Fiesta_Mud_flaps%2C_front_-_2008_onwards_-_1531631_F1531631-83

Ford Fiesta Mud flaps, front - 2008 onwards - 1531631 @ £20.30 incl

http://www.fordonlineparts.co.uk/product/Ford_Fiesta_Mud_flaps%2C_rear_-_2008_onwards_-_1531632_F1531632-84

Ford Fiesta Mud flaps, rear - 2008 onwards - 1531632 @ £20.30 incl

I would also like to know if these products have the FORD sticker on them and can they be fitted without removing the wheels and is there any 'drilling envolved'?

Regards

Dave

The original Ford mudflaps don't have an Ford logo on them (apart from a tiny one next to the part number on the inside). They're easy enough to fit and don't need any special tools or drills. The front ones have an extra screw that goes into the plastic inner wheel arch shield, but it self-drills the hole. At the back there's a slightly fiddly dowel that you remove and replace with a new one. Then there are a couple of clamps that tighten onto the wheel arch. The instructions tell you to remove the wheels, and it would be easier if you do but I fitted mine with them in place (you need to turn the front wheels as you do each side to get enough room for your hands/tools.)

The original Ford mudflaps don't have an Ford logo on them (apart from a tiny one next to the part number on the inside). They're easy enough to fit and don't need any special tools or drills. The front ones have an extra screw that goes into the plastic inner wheel arch shield, but it self-drills the hole. At the back there's a slightly fiddly dowel that you remove and replace with a new one. Then there are a couple of clamps that tighten onto the wheel arch. The instructions tell you to remove the wheels, and it would be easier if you do but I fitted mine with them in place (you need to turn the front wheels as you do each side to get enough room for your hands/tools.)

Hi Antony

Thanks for your reply regarding the fitting of the front and rear mud flaps.

I'd rather not remove the wheels and from what you say, it can be done without doing so fairly easily, so I might go ahead and buy those in preparation for when the car arrives. I'm assuming that, whilst you mention about turning the front wheels in turn to allow more room to fit the mud flaps, there is enough working space to fit the rear mud flaps?

Regards

Dave

Hi Antony

Thanks for your reply regarding the fitting of the front and rear mud flaps.

I'd rather not remove the wheels and from what you say, it can be done without doing so fairly easily, so I might go ahead and buy those in preparation for when the car arrives. I'm assuming that, whilst you mention about turning the front wheels in turn to allow more room to fit the mud flaps, there is enough working space to fit the rear mud flaps?

Regards

Dave

Yes, there's enough room on the rears, as there's a dowel type push fitting that doesn't need any tools (pliers and a small screwdriver help to remove the original, as I recall). I did scrape a bit of skin off while doing it as there's not a lot of room - but that grows back ;) . I also swore a fair bit under my breath...

• 1 year later...

have you got any pics of these fitted. dont know whether to get this sort or rally style ones. cheers

Do they make a noticeable difference to mud spray? (or whatever they're for :rolleyes: )

On the 2nd. picture you can see the normal mud spray without mudflaps ( I left it there on purpose while fitting the mudflaps ).

With mudflaps, those sprays don't get there no more.

But the car still gets dirty ... :lol:

If you're getting the car new or from a Ford dealer, pay the extra couple of quid, get em at retail price and tell the dealer to fit before delivery.

On the 2nd. picture you can see the normal mud spray without mudflaps ( I left it there on purpose while fitting the mudflaps ).

With mudflaps, those sprays don't get there no more.

But the car still gets dirty ... :lol:

I know this off topic but i was looking at the pictures of your car above, and it’s beautiful mate but I’m amazed that ford manufacture a car of such spec on the inside, they don’t fit alloys on it as standard. :huh:

True, but that's Ford ... anyway :

332rw1y.jpg

Lowered a bit with Weitec coilovers and on the 17 " alloys.

When i ordered my car, i wanted it with leather interior. 3 weeks later, Ford decided that leather on a Econetic was no longer an option. So my dealer had it done after delivery, for the same price.

And Ford doesn't deliver the Econetic with larger wheels than the 14 " standard.

The mudflaps ... they will be sprayed next spring, in dark black.

No they don't, and they don't make any that do, you have to get rally style ones, and they are hard to fit, one of my rears isn't straight!

No they don't, and they don't make any that do, you have to get rally style ones, and they are hard to fit, one of my rears isn't straight!

Ive saw these sets for the focus RS, ST and Zetec s Focus he may be able to manufacture these for the fiesta Zetec s, if there is enough of a market for them.

ive dealt with him allot and hes a gentleman, ive purchased a set for the focus zetec s supplied with screws and predrilled so guranteed snug fit,

also come with the drill bit and screw to drill one pilot hole in the front flaps, the rest is pre done.B)

Click Here

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club