1 reply to this topic

#1 mjk

mjk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:12 PM

Hi All,

I've got a LHD Focus 2008 that currently has a UK instrument cluster (showing mph). It was supplied with a replacement cluster in km/h but, before I install it, I thought I'd better find out where the master odometer value is stored.

I'm assuming that replacing the cluster will not lose the total mileage covered by the car, and that it's stored in some electronic wizardry under the bonnet. Does anyone know if that's the case?

If so, then I guess I'm good to do the switch myself, otherwise I'll have to take it to a garage.

Cheers
Mike

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

Hi All,

I've got a LHD Focus 2008 that currently has a UK instrument cluster (showing mph). It was supplied with a replacement cluster in km/h but, before I install it, I thought I'd better find out where the master odometer value is stored.

I'm assuming that replacing the cluster will not lose the total mileage covered by the car, and that it's stored in some electronic wizardry under the bonnet. Does anyone know if that's the case?

If so, then I guess I'm good to do the switch myself, otherwise I'll have to take it to a garage.

Cheers
Mike

usually when you replace the cluster you loose the mileage and ford cant even do it so the mileage goes to the new cluster

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users