5 replies to this topic

#1 mal165

mal165

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: focus titanium

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

Hi, I want to fit a towbar to my 59 plate focus titanium and understand the wiring through a relay etc but would welcome advice on the easiest ( and neatest) way to pick up the 12v supply to the relay. Does the feed need to come from the fuse/battery area and if so whats the best way to route this through the interior.
many thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 herbie_flowers

herbie_flowers

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 TDCi

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:30 AM

Can't advise on a '59 plate but on a '55 plate there is a permanent 12v live feed in the boot for such a purpose. Get a dedicated towbar electrics harness for your car from Towsure it's a doddle to fit.

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,866 posts
  • Name: Stefan
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

single or double electrics? single will be ok to use the 12v feed in the boot as mentioned earlier if it has one but if its double to power a split charge system then you will need a cable capable of around 30amps

#4 mal165

mal165

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: focus titanium

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

single or double electrics? single will be ok to use the 12v feed in the boot as mentioned earlier if it has one but if its double to power a split charge system then you will need a cable capable of around 30amps

Hi thanks for both replies, greatly appreciated. Only planning on using single electrics for a trailer. Am I right to assume that this will be part of the 'plug in 'wiring for a dedicated kit? Can you tell me where this is a and how to identify the 12v feed?
thanks

#5 herbie_flowers

herbie_flowers

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 TDCi

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:02 AM

Am I right to assume that this will be part of the 'plug in 'wiring for a dedicated kit?

The 12v feed? It's already there waiting to be used.

Can you tell me where this is a and how to identify the 12v feed? thanks

If you empty the boot, carpet/spare wheel/polystyrene, on the left you should see quite a thick brown/maybe red wire with a connector on the end of it.

#6 ferretfloozy

ferretfloozy

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 122 posts
  • Name: ferret
  • Ford Model: fiesta 2003 - focus zetec 2007
  • Year: 2007

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:03 PM

any idea what rating the wire is? i'd like to use it for an extra reversing light- would be using 55w front fog so min 5amp ( 2 relays of revering switch and light cluster so it opertes only at night) i live in a lane with no street lighting and one 5w bulb is rather dim.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users