Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

giro

Locking Wheel Nut Key Replacement?

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

My car was broken into a few months back and along with some other stuff my wheel nut key was stolen.

Any ideas how I go about getting a replacement?

I'm really worried that i'm going to get a flat and not be able to change it.

Thank you ! ;)

if you have the wheel nut key number you can order another from ford, if hot you will have to remove the locking nuts with a removal tool and buy a new set with a key to match.

you might be able to get a replacement key from the garage who originally supplied the car from new.

they do keep some info on their files as i found out when i wanted the radio code for my focus.

failling that screwfix do a locking wheel nut removal kit here is the link to their website.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=GD03ZSQPSEZHQCSTHZOCFEY?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=locking+wheel+nut+removal&searchbutton.x=6&searchbutton.y=12

moderators...note...(not sure if posting a link is ok by the rules so please delete if it is not..)

thanks

jon.

you might be able to get a replacement key from the garage who originally supplied the car from new.

they do keep some info on their files as i found out when i wanted the radio code for my focus.

failling that screwfix do a locking wheel nut removal kit here is the link to their website.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=GD03ZSQPSEZHQCSTHZOCFEY?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=locking+wheel+nut+removal&searchbutton.x=6&searchbutton.y=12

moderators...note...(not sure if posting a link is ok by the rules so please delete if it is not..)

thanks

jon.

You are fine to post links :)

Welcome to the Forums also