Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Couple Of Questions Re: Fiesta Zetec S Mk7

dizzyblonde82

Hi,

I am new to the forum and have just bought a new Fiesta Zetec S MK7 :) I currently have a 2005 Focus LX but as my son no longer needs a pram I decided to down size, plus my Focus seems to be having one problem after another (power steering pump, tracking, wheel alignment and now something up with the steering column!)

I would be grateful if anyone could answer a few questions:

1) I have a HTC Desire mobile and am not sure if it will connect to the bluetooth - does anyone have this phone, if so does it work?

2) As I have a 4 1/2 year old child I am wondering if it would be better to get the scuff plate, is it best to get from the dealer fitted or should I just order them and stick them on myself?

3) Is it easy to use a USB stick to play music through the stereo or does the ipod work better? I currently have an ipod shuffle but looking at the info it says that these don't work the same as an ipod.

Cant wait to get my new car next Wednesday :)

Hello and welcome! :)

1) I have an HTC Desire and it works fine with the bluetooth.

2) If by scuff plates you mean the ones in the interior pack, then they seem to be very well attached to the car and so it would probably be best to get them from the dealer. Also, in case you didn't know, the scuff plates are only for the front only.

3) Don't have usb so can't help you on that one I'm afraid.

Hope that helps :D

Hi,

Thanks for the response, good to know about the bluetooth with the HTC desire.

It is the aluminium scuff plates, was just going to buy them on their own and not part of a pack. My fiesta is only a 3dr so front plates will be fine :) Will wait for the dealer to give me a price on them.

Please please please don't let the dealer fit the scuff plates. I promise you, it takes no more than 2 mins to fit them. It's as simple as clean the door sill, pull off sticky back and apply to the door sill :)

Those aluminium ones were the ones I was thinking of. They look great :) quite easy to scratch though.

Those aluminium ones were the ones I was thinking of. They look great :) quite easy to scratch though.

i stuck on the aluminium ones easily enough and they look good and not scratched after 2 months and thats with 2 kids and a dog getting in and out, i use the usb stick and its ok most of the time.

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy the scuff plates from for less than the dealer price of £53?

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy the scuff plates from for less than the dealer price of £53?

Here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-FORD-FIESTA-NEW-SHAPE-ALLOY-SCUFF-PLATES-08-/190412273867?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c5574b8cb

Official Ford scuff plates from the biggest Ford dealer in the south! Eastleigh is only up the road from me so I saved the p&p too - which was a bonus.

At £6.49 for the shipping - they still work out about £8 quid-odd cheaper by post than a Ford dealer up your way.

Hope this helps.

i got my scuffplates off a place called superdials on eBay, they were £25.75 a pair incl postage and they had 'S' engraved.

Thanks for that stevo just ordered a set for mine well worth the money

i got my scuffplates off a place called superdials on ebay, they were £25.75 a pair incl postage and they had 'S' engraved.

Got to agree the Lockwood sills from superdials on eBay are excellent. They are a doddle to fit & look great :D

A couple of pics:

LPIC0055.jpg

LPIC0069.jpg

Got to agree the Lockwood sills from superdials on ebay are excellent. They are a doddle to fit & look great :D

A couple of pics:

Those do look nice. I was thinking of getting the Ford sills, but they don't include the rears on the 5dr version. However, I notice that on Lockwoods web site they say they're looking for someone with a 5dr to go to their Leeds workshop so they can measure it up, with the bonus of getting a free set! It's a bit far for me to drive up, but if anyone on here has a 5dr around Leeds they could do themselves and the rest of us a favour... B)

Well I picked my car up yesterday (1 day early) and I love it! Looks so nice in the sea grey, great watching all the neighbours walk past it wondering who's it is, lol!

Feels really great to drive and love the voice activation controls :)

Well I picked my car up yesterday (1 day early) and I love it! Looks so nice in the sea grey, great watching all the neighbours walk past it wondering who's it is, lol!

Feels really great to drive and love the voice activation controls :)

Happy Driving! Any pic's?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club