Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgraded My Fiesta, Any Secrets To The Mk7 Zetec?

Harvey19

what did you have??? from memory it was a style wasn't it? or style +.... like the zetec and tit they sit on higher springs than the ZS or tit with sport pack and are on as i call 'comfort springs' compared to the sportier set up of the zetec s and i guess that the swift sport you own has a more sporty set up, therefore making the handling better... so your fez was not 'pants' or bad what ever you mean to say but it was set for comfort rather than handling round a track or a thrashing on a road :) i still thing mine has a sporty feeling, and for a first car i think its out this world, the interior blows every other competitor out of the market as well as it's styling... dont think a lil car in its range touches it but thats my shout :) BRING ON THE ST :) :) haha

argument over hopefully i say :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• poshpawsfiesta

• studly

• afterburner

• blade

Aye nico i did have the style but i also had a few test drives in a zetec s. And yes as far as i'm concerned the arguement is over lol.

My first car was a datsun cherry 100a with vinyl seats and points that needed to be adjusted every couple of weeks otherwise it wouldn't start :P so i'm not surprised your over the moon with your zetec ;)

" it would be a very boring world if everyone drove the same car...."

I don't know about boring, it would have to be a big car!

Lets put an end to this, Swift good - Fiesta better, end of.

Edited by DanGull
Read the rules on swearing please - you had a warning the other day, this time it's a formal one added to your account.

my fezza handle well the only better car i have had which handle better was civic type r and u should try drive a bmw 328 in the rain u just end up going round in circles. and for power both cars are crap on performance to be honest so its not like u got 200bhp if u want a car with power buy one. the reason i choose mine was because id rather have a nice looking car what people say how nice it is than somthing my nan drive "cough cough swift sport" only joking but she does drive one

and ford focus better thn both of them !! lol

I'd take my car over an equivalent Focus anyday. It's a very badly aging model nowadays.

Woah!! Just checked back on this thread to see if anyone had posted anything haha, you guys are going for it! After a few days of owning the fezza now I gotta say I'm hugely impressed! Mainly by the handling, I don't know what all this "pants" handling rubbish is all about but I can't say I'm a fan of the Swift in any way! No idea how it adopted such a name, should be more like "mini wanna-be" ;) Peace Ya'll!

Aslong as your happy harvey is all that counts ;)

I'd take my car over an equivalent Focus anyday. It's a very badly aging model nowadays.

Focus st.....damn nice car and would have one if i needed a bigger car....even the insurance is relatively cheap.

id have a focus over a fiesta anyday , its better in every single way

id have a focus over a fiesta anyday , its better in every single way

Don't agree, compared to a 1.6 Focus Titanium -

*Fiesta faster (2 seconds 0-62mph)

*Fiesta better fuel economy (5mpg)

*Fiesta looks better (debatable - looks much more modern at least)

*Equipment more or less the same (Focus gets keysfree and button start, Fez gets climate control)

*Focus bigger (quite a bit bigger)

*Focus rides better

*Fiesta much cheaper (Focus list price £19,945, Fiesta £15,645)

*Build quality - neither worth writing home about

*Interior design - debatable depending on requirements.

I don't need much space, don't care too much about comfort (hence the bone shaker alloys) and value looks and design very highly. By that logic I reckon the Fiesta's probably better than the current Focus.

Don't agree, compared to a 1.6 Focus Titanium -

*Fiesta faster (2 seconds 0-62mph)

*Fiesta better fuel economy (5mpg)

*Fiesta looks better (debatable - looks much more modern at least)

*Equipment more or less the same (Focus gets keysfree and button start, Fez gets climate control)

*Focus bigger (quite a bit bigger)

*Focus rides better

*Fiesta much cheaper (Focus list price £19,945, Fiesta £15,645)

*Build quality - neither worth writing home about

*Interior design - debatable depending on requirements.

I don't need much space, don't care too much about comfort (hence the bone shaker alloys) and value looks and design very highly. By that logic I reckon the Fiesta's probably better than the current Focus.

our family has owned both mk 2 f/l focus and new mk7 fiesta,

*focus has much much much much better built quility no squeaks and rattles ( wich our fiesta suffers from quite badly), e.g has a fully wraped leather steering wheels and the lower door pockets never felt like they were about to snap off, the door tops were soft touch materials, it had nice metal door inlays and door handels and had a lovely arm rest, indicator and wiper stalk actions were nice and damped not a plasticy crack as u move them , hydraulic glove box lid and hand handels , light up vanity mirrors and so much more but just cant think atm

*focus has much more comfetable seats

*focus has beter driving position

*focus stero had better sound quality

*focus has better gearbox cluch and steering and brakes ( brakes were one of the best things about the car)

*focus rides much better and also grips and handels much better and feels verry secure at high sppeds it diddnt get blown about

*focus is alot bigger ( more bigger than some people think with a huge boot)

*focus 1.6 tdci is faster and accelerates to sixty 1 second quicker thn fiesta 1.6 tdci

*focus power to mpg ratio is o.6 fiesta is 0.7 ,,so focus has better ecnomy to power ratio

*i think focus is better looking and will be to in 10 years time, where as the fiesta will go out of fashion quicker. (i think )

these are my personall opinions no offence intended we love out mk7 fezza and the mk7 is still a lovely car and would buy one without a shadow of a doubt but i would go for a focus if i had the money to :)

but the focus has one down fall , HURRENDUS tyre roar !!! the mk7 fezza isnt as bad but has bad enigine noise

but the focus has one down fall , HURRENDUS tyre roar !!! the mk7 fezza isnt as bad but has bad enigine noise

not with my air filter on it dont!!!

the focus has one major issue... if you not got the ST people say oh its just a such and such but if you got the ST you look a !Removed! driving it! good car the focus dont get me wrong, but the fez seems a more civilised car and the only real issue i see with it is that its lacking that top end powerful model

all i can say is our focus titanium got loads more looks thn our fezza and i felt a million dollars driving it whereas the fiesta people just think its just a slow noisy diesel supermini, but i would stick up for our fezza to hills i do love it dont get me wrong but i just prefer the focus :)

*focus has much more comfetable seats

*focus has beter driving position

*focus stero had better sound quality

*focus has better gearbox cluch and steering and brakes ( brakes were one of the best things about the car)

*focus rides much better and also grips and handels much better and feels verry secure at high sppeds it diddnt get blown about

You dont own or drive a Mk7 ZS then :lol:

Seriously the both are good cars, apart from needing more space i dont see why you'd pay the extra for a focus to be fair, if a 1.6

You dont own or drive a Mk7 ZS then :lol:

Seriously the both are good cars, apart from needing more space i dont see why you'd pay the extra for a focus to be fair, if a 1.6

ive driven both and ild pay the extra money for a focus anyday even thou i dont need the extra space :):)

You dont own or drive a Mk7 ZS then , wat u mean we own a mk7 fezza

Ive just traded my 2008 focus 1.8 Titanium (with sports pack)in for a 59 plate white zetec s, And as much as i love my new fezza i have noticed that the build quality was better on the focus with no rattles and squeaks ect.

But tbh here the white zetec s caught my eye whilst my focus was being serviced, And i just had to have it, Im very pleased with it and average 39.5 mpg compared to the focus 29.5mpg.

Focus.

dsc00516ai.jpg

Fiesta.

http://dsc00519z.jpg

omg tht focus issss lush id do anything to own tht car !!! fiesta is nice i suppose lol :)

Yea it is nice but the 18in alloys done my head in, i felt every pothole.

but ur new zetec s has sports suspension and the same thin tyres so shouldnt tht ride harder ?? we found our focus had a much better ride than our fezza and the fezzer got thicker tyres and standard suspension :)

The first thing i noticed when i drove the fiesta was it was a better ride than the focus felt more comfortable, cant explain why but i just felt better in in tbh.(Bearing in mind the focus has sports pack also but with bigger wheels)

The first thing i noticed when i drove the fiesta was it was a better ride than the focus felt more comfortable, cant explain why but i just felt better in in tbh.(Bearing in mind the focus has sports pack also but with bigger wheels)

thats fine every body dosent have to have the same opinion on cars lol but we have regreted trading in our focus eveyday for the last 6 months lol but dont get me wrong i do still love our fezzza to bits , did u find the focus had (nearly) unbearable road noise ????

Cant really recall road noise being a issue tbh, I get bored quite easily with cars lol i only had the focus for 10 months, I just hope i have the fezzy for a bit longer. Would like a kuga next but still abit expensive.

Cant really recall road noise being a issue tbh, I get bored quite easily with cars lol i only had the focus for 10 months, I just hope i have the fezzy for a bit longer. Would like a kuga next but still abit expensive.

lol im the same OMG i love the kuga in vision blue and would love the st 220 engine , as people would think it s a slow 4x4 but thn thy would have a big suprise at the lights lol , but the 2.0 tdci is agem of an engine we had it in our focus ;)