#1 HeadShoT2009

HeadShoT2009

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 Ford Focus Black Edition
Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

I've been training as a mechanic but not fully competent yet but I know that having the correct torque is vital. Anyway to my question for you where can I find the torque settings for my 51 plate 1.6 ford focus( mainly the one for the rear drums when you undo the four bolts in the back and the drum and the shaft come out) thanks in advance

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,064 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:09 AM

I've been training as a mechanic but not fully competent yet but I know that having the correct torque is vital. Anyway to my question for you where can I find the torque settings for my 51 plate 1.6 ford focus( mainly the one for the rear drums when you undo the four bolts in the back and the drum and the shaft come out) thanks in advance

all in the haynes manual :)

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,755 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:10 AM

I agree that the correct torque is vital but only for certain things, i very much doubt the torque of the 4 bolts is that critical, the main hub nut maybe because of the bearing. ive never torqued the 4 bolts that hold the stub axle in, only the hub nut @235Nm and so far never had any problems. if the bolts are tight (not with hulk strength) and not going to fall out then that will do for me and probably most people.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users