Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Lighting

HeadShoT2009

Ive been looking on eBay a cathodes to install into the footwell as footwell lighting has anyone done this and if so where can i mount them and also and can i just tap into the door switches so they only come on whem i open the doors thanks inadvance. Ps it a 2001 mk1 focus 3dr

Are cathodes the same as normal bulbs because ive installed the standard ghia footwell lights into mine

Mike

just wired a blue set of leds into mine..

but they were more like these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-Pair-24cm-Flexible-Car-24-LED-Strip-Light-Bar-Green-/350352321606?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5192a02c46

simples to wire in.. there is a spare capless socket behind the glove box and another one under the steering wheel taped to the wirring.

remove the glovebox (3 screws underneath ) and you will see the socket taped to the bottom of the cavity under the fuse box..either remove the terminals and join the wires to them or cut the socket off and wire your own lights into the wires.

i have a set of blues fitted and they work when you

1 open the door then stay lit as would the interior light on a delay

2 turn the car off once again with a timer delay

3 unlock to car with the remote.

depends whether you want them on all the time or just to illuminate the footwells when stationary though..my advice would be to install an inline fuse if you wired them through any other circuit though.

have fun.

just wired a blue set of leds into mine..

but they were more like these...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-Pair-24cm-Flexible-Car-24-LED-Strip-Light-Bar-Green-/350352321606?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5192a02c46

simples to wire in.. there is a spare capless socket behind the glove box and another one under the steering wheel taped to the wirring.

remove the glovebox (3 screws underneath ) and you will see the socket taped to the bottom of the cavity under the fuse box..either remove the terminals and join the wires to them or cut the socket off and wire your own lights into the wires.

i have a set of blues fitted and they work when you

1 open the door then stay lit as would the interior light on a delay

2 turn the car off once again with a timer delay

3 unlock to car with the remote.

depends whether you want them on all the time or just to illuminate the footwells when stationary though..my advice would be to install an inline fuse if you wired them through any other circuit though.

have fun.

youll onlyt find those caps on the facelift mk1 model late 2001 onwards isnt there on the 1998-2001 models

Do you think these will work it says will work of 12v so could i tap into the door switch and will it work the only thing im not sure abot is mounting them

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club