Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modifying My Focus

bigdaz86

i am looking to modify my focus 1.8 style but dont know much about cars so would like som advice please? where is the cheapest place to get products such as lights etc and what kind of exhausts are fairly cheap to buy and also fit?

Dont bother with things like body kits etc you'll look a prat, Personally id get a nice tidy set of graphite gray st alloy wheels projector angel eyes and the facelift led rear tail lights as for exhausts go for a cat-back system there fairly cheap and easy to fit BUT take it to a garage for fitment of the exhaust as you will need to cut the exsisting one of from the back of the cat and fit the new one with a combo of clamps and a s*** load of exhaust paste so it doesnt blow and sound crap.

As for prices the best thing to do is make a list of the items you want and trawl eBay and the like for the best prices and delivery charges.

Mike

Dont bother with things like body kits etc you'll look a prat, Personally id get a nice tidy set of graphite gray st alloy wheels projector angel eyes and the facelift led rear tail lights as for exhausts go for a cat-back system there fairly cheap and easy to fit BUT take it to a garage for fitment of the exhaust as you will need to cut the exsisting one of from the back of the cat and fit the new one with a combo of clamps and a s*** load of exhaust paste so it doesnt blow and sound crap.

As for prices the best thing to do is make a list of the items you want and trawl ebay and the like for the best prices and delivery charges.

Mike

cheers mate nice one, i wasnt interested in a body kit or that just subtle little things like nice lights n alloys and possibkly the exhaust. how much would a garage roughly take to put on such an exhaust?

It depends what company you get some include fitting in the price etc most new shape focus's seem to have expensive systems why is beyond me this company have some good systems http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/category.jsp?makeID=3&modelID=20 there price includes fitting have a look on the web for more companys. Most local garages will fit a system for you just need to ask lol

had a look at some of the systems very nice but too pricey for me at the moment what about just a back box and pipe would that be alot cheaper than a full system? is it hard to fit an air filter?

the full system is a back box and pipe, if you just get a back box i can gurantee it wont sound half as good and you mey ever loose performance i really would sudjest waiting and saving for a full system fitted by a pro it will save you hasstle and you'l get alot more street cred :P .

Air filters are the worlds easiest thing to fit are you thinking a knn cone or a pannel filter for the standard ford air box?

What i would do is spend money on the engine first and then the other important stuff like suspension and tyres etc. Then buy some ice and finally the bodywork.

well the engine im not too fussed about as more speed usually means less mpg which is why i down sized from a 2.3 mazda 6 sport. i was just looking at the cone shaped filters which are quite cheap to replace the ford box thing? im absolutely clueless with this stuff tho would like to learn lol.

yeah i had a cone on mine there OK nothing to special you need whats called a cold air feed for it to work properly techno bit time ..

If the engine gets more cold air it will run faster where as with more hot air slower as you can guess so with a cone you need a cold air feed where as if you dont it becomes a "heat soak" which is bad. For simpletons like myself and you included the best option is whats called a pannel filter which is a replacment element for the ford air box which allowes a higher air flow thus giving you a tiny bit more shuv in the revs using the standard ford air feed.

After having both the pannel filter is lass faf and cheaper overall so id recommend that over a cone.

A mazda 6 haha a bloke on here has just traded his focus in for one of those!

Mike

yeah i had a cone on mine there OK nothing to special you need whats called a cold air feed for it to work properly techno bit time ..

If the engine gets more cold air it will run faster where as with more hot air slower as you can guess so with a cone you need a cold air feed where as if you dont it becomes a "heat soak" which is bad. For simpletons like myself and you included the best option is whats called a pannel filter which is a replacment element for the ford air box which allowes a higher air flow thus giving you a tiny bit more shuv in the revs using the standard ford air feed.

After having both the pannel filter is lass faf and cheaper overall so id recommend that over a cone.

Mike

cool i'll have a look, i liked the mazda it was a lovely car it was a 53 plate so gettin on a wee bit but it had everythin sat nav, full leather interior, cruise control, traction control, twin exhaust, tinted windows, spoiler, etc etc but was too high at the back so a nightmare to park not to mention the 2.3 litre petrol engine which took about a £10 petrol to get it out the drive lol. the focus is a lot more basic but i like the shape and with a few subtle mods will look great.

Mike

i was looking on eBay and saw a k&n panel filter but there are 2 types i discovered on the k&n website as there is a flat panel one nd a cylindrical one but am not sure which i need and am unsure how to open up this on the car, the bit i suspect is the air filter is a big rectangle/square so would this indicate i need the flat panel or are they all like this?

i was also wondering if anyone could help or advis as i am looking at a set of st alloys they are 18" and i have a 57 plate 1.8 style i was wondering would they fit on my focus or would i have to do a lot of faffing about to get them on or even would they not fit at all?

your airbox will have a flat pannel in (fairly sure not 100%) it is a smallish rectangular shaped like lunchbox that has screws on each corner usually a flat head or socket attachment so thats easy. If your really stuck order yourself a haynes manual if u can.

The alloys should be fine but there are 2 styles of st rim the facelift and post facelift both SHUD fit your car but ask the seller before u purchase, also check when you buy the alloys come with tyres lol

yeah looks like what your describing to me. mite get one of the manuals as id like to learn about the car and how to do stuff, any idea wheres the cheapest place to get one? i think its just the st alloys dont say nowt about facelift i think they came of an 07 st?

e-bay mate i got mine of there for a few quid, are they second hand alloys?

yeah second hand with tyres sadly cannot afford 500 - 600 for a new set? though havent bought them yet just a possibility i was looking into? the thing was sum1 was selling them from a focus st that he crashed. he has it listed in eBay and has said 3 of the alloys are fine but i m not sure about this any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320567649050&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

run a mile! ones been craked the others have god knows what other marks on them lol bet the tyres are trashed to keep looking though new sets always come on lol

run a mile! ones been craked the others have god knows what other marks on them lol bet the tyres are trashed to keep looking though new sets always come on lol

thats what i was thinkin tho there is a few others people seem to sell them individually which is a bit annoying. if i bought 2 from 1 person and 2 from another would this make a difference or should it not be done?

I dont no actually id get them balanced up to be sure before i fitted them to the car other than that i have no idea lol cud always try it and see what happens then if there crap just stick them back on eBay

its just a thought because theres someone selling 2 and are only at 80 quid and theres someone selling 4 individually?

yeah i dont no why people do that daft if you ask me lol but you can try it i dont see why it wouldant work

cant comment mate it seems a faf having to install the antennas etc if any id reccomend the ford sony cd autochanger unit with bluetooth that shud be a straight swap rather than running cables everywhere lol thats not a ford unit anyway its a nock off, yeah i no its a pain in the !Removed! give it a go and see what happens yeah

cant comment mate it seems a faf having to install the antennas etc if any id reccomend the ford sony cd autochanger unit with bluetooth that shud be a straight swap rather than running cables everywhere lol thats not a ford unit anyway its a nock off, yeah i no its a pain in the !Removed! give it a go and see what happens yeah

whres the best place to get one of them?

e-bay again mate have a browse through ford stero's theres loads of diff ones in diff colours to match your trim just gotta make ur mind up what extras you want lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club