24 replies to this topic

#1 bradshaw85

bradshaw85

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Elle 1.6

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

Hey all,
i have just bought a Focus Elle 1.6 52 plate, it came with a "boy racer" exhaust which even when i bought the car i didnt like it. I took it the garage locally and got a new one priced up for a "original" exhaust for it @ 143 for middle and front parts.

im just wondering if any body out there has got a original 52 plate Focus Elle 1.6 exhaust for sale :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:51 PM

Hey all,
i have just bought a Focus Elle 1.6 52 plate, it came with a "boy racer" exhaust which even when i bought the car i didnt like it. I took it the garage locally and got a new one priced up for a "original" exhaust for it @ 143 for middle and front parts.

im just wondering if any body out there has got a original 52 plate Focus Elle 1.6 exhaust for sale :)

to be honest they are few and far betyween and as ford exhausts tend to rust probably not worth fitting ide get the new one fitted and sell the boy racer one on ebay though usually they dont stop with the exhaust so ide see what else hes done to it

#3 bradshaw85

bradshaw85

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

to be honest they are few and far betyween and as ford exhausts tend to rust probably not worth fitting ide get the new one fitted and sell the boy racer one on ebay though usually they dont stop with the exhaust so ide see what else hes done to it

wow cheers for the quick response, yeah they put on some 17" tyres, and tinted the windows but the windows are sorted :)

i've had the engine looked at and no changes there :), this is my first car, should there anything i should look for ?

Attached Thumbnails

• mediaCA0Z35SR.jpg

#4 bigdaz86

bigdaz86

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 1.8 style 57 plate

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:17 PM

what kind of exhaust is it and how does it sound? nice alloys tho

#5 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:22 PM

wow cheers for the quick response, yeah they put on some 17" tyres, and tinted the windows but the windows are sorted :)

i've had the engine looked at and no changes there :), this is my first car, should there anything i should look for ?

looking at the pic not really the alloys suit the car the spoilers fine as long as the cars engine was untouched far too many try to make induction systems fit with odd pipework etc if alls fine i wouldnt worry just been exterior mods they did

#6 bradshaw85

bradshaw85

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

what kind of exhaust is it and how does it sound? nice alloys tho

i dont know how to find out what exhaust it is. i can find out tho, it does sound loud but not Subaru exhaust loud, if that makes sense.

I will upload some pictures later on after work.

#7 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

I spent 190 fitting a boy racer exhaust to mine! love it to peices though. The rear lights dont look standard and the chrome wiper blades deffo arent standard (even though the standard ford one are s**t).

Its nice to see someone else having a focus as there 1st car just watch for rust on the rear arches but even still its been owned by a boy racer some of them like me do look after the car and dont bodge stuff up even though my cars got a loud exhaust and the back of it looks like blackpool illuminations when i put my foot on the brake its still one of the tidyest focus's in my area.

Daft word of advice aswell mate even though its only a 1.6 you'l open her up and before you no it you'l be doing over a tonne they dont feel fast at all so keep your eye on the speedo also dont get to vicious with the steering in the wet if you dont trust the tyres because the !Removed! can kick out! all that aside there by far one of the most enjoyable, easy, cheap and fast first cars on the market

Mike

#8 bigdaz86

bigdaz86

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

I spent 190 fitting a boy racer exhaust to mine! love it to peices though. The rear lights dont look standard and the chrome wiper blades deffo arent standard (even though the standard ford one are s**t).

Its nice to see someone else having a focus as there 1st car just watch for rust on the rear arches but even still its been owned by a boy racer some of them like me do look after the car and dont bodge stuff up even though my cars got a loud exhaust and the back of it looks like blackpool illuminations when i put my foot on the brake its still one of the tidyest focus's in my area.

Daft word of advice aswell mate even though its only a 1.6 you'l open her up and before you no it you'l be doing over a tonne they dont feel fast at all so keep your eye on the speedo also dont get to vicious with the steering in the wet if you dont trust the tyres because the !Removed! can kick out! all that aside there by far one of the most enjoyable, easy, cheap and fast first cars on the market

Mike

is yours the mk1 focus? everywhere i look for nice parts for my mk2 i see hundreds of parts and kits for the mk 1 its drivin me mad its so easy to come by the parts especially on ebay for the mk1 im gettin jealous lol

#9 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

is yours the mk1 focus? everywhere i look for nice parts for my mk2 i see hundreds of parts and kits for the mk 1 its drivin me mad its so easy to come by the parts especially on ebay for the mk1 im gettin jealous lol

Yeah one of the last mk 1's (2004/04 plate). Parts for the mk2 are out there just alot of them are shockingly awful lol not tasteful at all unless you want to dress it up like an st225.

To be honest mate the mk2 is shocking the mk1 kicks !Removed! :P

#10 bigdaz86

bigdaz86

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

Yeah one of the last mk 1's (2004/04 plate). Parts for the mk2 are out there just alot of them are shockingly awful lol not tasteful at all unless you want to dress it up like an st225.

u ceeky sod lol, everythin is there to make it an st thats all u seem to find st parts n body kits bout time they brought some nice stuff out that wont make it a pretend st tho i like the stripes on the st wouldnt mind stickin them on minus the st lettering mind.

#11 r0b3r7

r0b3r7

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Ford Model: 2004 Focus Zetec

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:00 AM

Yeah i'd second that, I've had my 1.6 Zetec for a week now, was surprised to see i was doing 90. Dont know what it is but it never feels like you're doing much above 70 :)

#12 r0b3r7

r0b3r7

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Ford Model: 2004 Focus Zetec

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:02 AM

No offence, but unless its one of the facelifted MK2's or and ST/RS, it looks like an old mans car

MK1 looks much better B)

Just my opinion though :P

#13 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:35 AM

No offence, but unless its one of the facelifted MK2's or and ST/RS, it looks like an old mans car

MK1 looks much better B)

Just my opinion though :P

There is no argument that the Mk1 is a better looking car than the Mk2. But other than that the Mk2 is the better car. Especially in the area of safety features, and more so in relation to the earlier Mk1's. Such as front, side and curtain air bags, ABS +EBO. And it's a more roomier car to boot.

What Car Used Car of the Year- Small family car Just wished there had been 113bhp about that I rated presentation wise, when I was in the market to buy second hand. I would have liked the extra poke a 113 bhp would have given. But that said I'm quite happy with it really.

I came back to the Focus after having a Mk1.8 Focus, as they are a superb and effortless drive, that stick to the road like .... to a blanket.

If you lose your back end in a Focus, then your obviously driving like an adolescent :rolleyes: And anybody who pays good money to have a perfectly functioning exhaust replaced with one that makes a loud noise is definitely......... :D

#14 bradshaw85

bradshaw85

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

If you lose your back end in a Focus, then your obviously driving like an adolescent :rolleyes: And anybody who pays good money to have a perfectly functioning exhaust replaced with one that makes a loud noise is definitely......... :D

Hense why i want the original one back =) do you reccomend any cheaper places to fit and replace for 143 ? :)

#15 bigdaz86

bigdaz86

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

theres nothing wrong with a nice litlle sound its when you get thos idiots in the clapped out civic you can here from 100 miles away when theyr doin 2mph!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users