Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Consumption Problem

kasper

Hello, how are you?

A new member, I need some help with me dads focus.

My father has got a 2009 1.6 auto focus zeetec. Its only done around 7000.

It is way to heavy on petrol. The ford delaers just keeps saying there is nothing worng with it.

The vehicle only gives 19MPG and around 200miles ona full tank.

Its going in again to delaer tomorrow to see what they say,

Anybody else had any prolems like this?

Hello, how are you?

A new member, I need some help with me dads focus.

My father has got a 2009 1.6 auto focus zeetec. Its only done around 7000.

It is way to heavy on petrol. The ford delaers just keeps saying there is nothing worng with it.

The vehicle only gives 19MPG and around 200miles ona full tank.

Its going in again to delaer tomorrow to see what they say,

Anybody else had any prolems like this?

how are yopu working out the mpg? the auto is new so it will be a bit heavy on fuel the auto also is naturally heavy on fuel and like many things its down to driving style 37mpg is only combined ie mix of motorway and town driving what type of driving is he doing

Thanks for replying.

The forumla (lol) I used is.

total numbers of litres used divided by 4.54 (litres per gallon) and the divided the total number of miles done on a full thank by this number.

Here are the resutls for 3 attmepts.

Tank 1:

Litres: 47.54

Gallons: 10.47 @ 4.54

Miles before: 6171

Miles after: 6370

Total: 199

MPG: 19

Tank 2:

Litres 48.32

Gallons: 10.64

Miles before: 6370

Miles After: 6603

Total: 233

MPG: 22

Miles driven divided by gallons used

Tank 3:

Litres: 50

Gallons: 11

Miles before: 6603

Miles after: 6812

Total: 209

MPG: 19

Sorry forgot to say, my father is only doing local driving, and maybe motorway driveing once a month.

19 mpg is low even for an auto, but like artscot79 says low consumption can be down to "driving profil" ....such has heavy traffic in town on two mile journey's.But don't expect to achieve official consumption figures, best do a search on this website regards poor consumption and official consumption figures. Otherwise we have to go through it again every time a new bod tips on on here complaining about low mpg. two examples below.

How Do They Arrive At Those Official Fuel Consumption Figures

Focus 1.6ltr poor mpg

Not being funny, just pointing you to answers already given that you can read now, instead of waiting for peeps to post on this thread. You can see what car I have in my avatar, official consumption figure is 32.5 mpg urban, I get 29.4 mpg knocking around town in traffic on short runs.

The Official Urban Cycle figures on the same motor but with an auto gearbox is 26.7 mpg. Think on I'm getting -3.1 mpg so best I expect you could hope for is 23.6mpg.

Could be a bad petrol injector/ injectors [even from new] and the ECU is over fuelling the engine. Follow links on This Link

Like I say if the garage won't give you answers, then you have to arm yourself with knowledge if you want to argue your case.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club