Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Few Quick Questions

paradisiac

hi, recently got a 1999 focus 1.8 TDDi CL, love the car even though everyone said the TDDi is nothing compaired to the TDCi but it does what we need and is very economical.

a few little questions though :

1. it was supplied with a remote locking key which didnt work, we replaced the battery and it still doesnt work, being a CL its not meant to have remote locking, could this of been added and the key just needs reprogramming, if so is there any way of knowing if the car has the R/L sensors

2. should the car be alarmed, there is a red flashing light on the dash but is this just for the immobilisor

3. is there any way to give the car a bit more grip, find it can be a bit twitchy, would say fitting the suspension off an LX or Ghia be better or is this just a mk1 issue as i have driven some mk2's before without the twitch, but they have been either an LX or Ghia, never a CL

4. on the light switch there is a 'P' symbol, i turn it to it but no lights come on, what should happen

think thats it, cheers in advance.

1. chances are its not got remote locking but a previous owner might of been able to get the remote key cheaper? also does the boot button on the fob work?

2. more than likley i know my edge is yet im still to set it off only way i think is to smash the window through

3. beefier tyres and maybe even some nice alloys might help you i take it the car is on steelie's before suspension work but if your after the better springs zetec ones are the way to go for handling.

4. parking lights, put it in p and turn the indicator on to the side u want to light up - works on my mums mondeo not tried it on my focus yet

For the handling i'd suggest maybe a set of -30mm springs to lower and tighten the handling.

As for the 'p', isn't that parking lights?

hi, recently got a 1999 focus 1.8 TDDi CL, love the car even though everyone said the TDDi is nothing compaired to the TDCi but it does what we need and is very economical.

a few little questions though :

1. it was supplied with a remote locking key which didnt work, we replaced the battery and it still doesnt work, being a CL its not meant to have remote locking, could this of been added and the key just needs reprogramming, if so is there any way of knowing if the car has the R/L sensors

2. should the car be alarmed, there is a red flashing light on the dash but is this just for the immobilisor

3. is there any way to give the car a bit more grip, find it can be a bit twitchy, would say fitting the suspension off an LX or Ghia be better or is this just a mk1 issue as i have driven some mk2's before without the twitch, but they have been either an LX or Ghia, never a CL

4. on the light switch there is a 'P' symbol, i turn it to it but no lights come on, what should happen

think thats it, cheers in advance.

first off welcome to programme the key is very simple do this

FORD Focus (Radio 3 Button) - Key Remote Programming 1. Switch Ignition On/Off (II/0) 4 times within 6 seconds until a sound is made. 2. Press any button on Remote until a sound is made. 3. To program additional Remotes, repeat after 2 seconds after the sound. 4. Turn Ignition On/Off to exit. 5. A maximum of 4 remotes can be programmed.

secondly the car isnt alarmed the flashing led is for the pats system which is the immobiliser dont worry though withiout the key its impossible to start the car and steal it the old screwdriver etc doesnt work alarms werent fitted on most models as they werent needed the led also acts as a warning symbol for example if there was summat wrong with the key or the immobiliser it would continue flashing with the ignition switched on.

the cl has the base suspension setup the zetec suspension is better and all you need to do is chenge the springs the zetec has stiffer springs and less body roll so if you really want to fitting front and rear zetec springs will solve the issue

the p symbnol is for parking lights these will only come on with the ignition off its just if youre parked up waiting on a dark road youre front side lights and rear lights will stay on with the key removed from the ignition and the lights on warning buzzer wont go off etc usually they are not needed so ide just leave the switch in its normal position

For the handling i'd suggest maybe a set of -30mm springs to lower and tighten the handling.

As for the 'p', isn't that parking lights?

dont really want to modify it like that, just sharpen it up a bit.

yeah i assumed it would be parking lights, but no lights come on :(

dont really want to modify it like that, just sharpen it up a bit.

yeah i assumed it would be parking lights, but no lights come on :(

thay should come on might be worth checking the fuses firstand on the focus it lights all four lights 2 front 2 rear the indicator switch doesnt put only one set on depending on the direction its turned to

thay should come on might be worth checking the fuses first

all the lights work normally, apart from the parking lights, the rear fog light, cant seem to find a switch for the front fogs so assume the bumper has been changed to one with them and no wiring was done.

all the lights work normally, apart from the parking lights, the rear fog light, cant seem to find a switch for the front fogs so assume the bumper has been changed to one with them and no wiring was done.

the cl didnt come with fog lights the wiring is there for the fogs or should be tucked up behind the bumper the light switch should have these settings parking lights then side lights then head lights pull it out once on full headlights and thats the front fogs again is the rear fog light so turn the dial fully towards the driver door then pull out once then pull again all front and rear fogs if wired will be working

the cl didnt come with fog lights the wiring is there for the fogs or should be tucked up behind the bumper the light switch should have these settings parking lights then side lights then head lights pull it out once on full headlights and thats the front fogs again is the rear fog light so turn the dial fully towards the driver door then pull out once then pull again all front and rear fogs if wired will be working

so should the rear foglight work on the CL and the fronts have the wiring, or are none of the fogs wired up on a CL? confusing myself now :(

so should the rear foglight work on the CL and the fronts have the wiring, or are none of the fogs wired up on a CL? confusing myself now :(

rear fog should work only the rfronts would need wired up the wiring is there though and easy to do

rear fog should work only the rfronts would need wired up the wiring is there though and easy to do

ok thanks, rear doesnt come on so maybe a bulb, dont know the fuse layout as i havent really had chance to do anything on it, are the fogs on a seperate fuse to the lights?

Open your hood and locate the fuse box (Drivers' side near windshield) 2. Open fuse box and locate R13 according to the map on the fuse box cover

3. Pry, pull, or otherwise remove Relay #R13 from it's socket. It is in there tight but it comes out!this is the fog light relay available from most ford dealers and scrap yards

if you dont have an owners manual for the fuse layout you can get it here http://www.focusplanet.com/downloads/focusmanuals/2000/2000_focus_owner_guidemanual.pdf

Open your hood and locate the fuse box (Drivers' side near windshield) 2. Open fuse box and locate R13 according to the map on the fuse box cover

3. Pry, pull, or otherwise remove Relay #R13 from it's socket. It is in there tight but it comes out!this is the fog light relay available from most ford dealers and scrap yards

ok thanks, my farther inlaw has an LX mk1 so will see if his works in there.

overall very happy with the car, seems very economical :) just as always with a car of its age there are a few niggly problems. will consider the zetec springs though, are the shocks the same?

ok thanks, my farther inlaw has an LX mk1 so will see if his works in there.

overall very happy with the car, seems very economical :) just as always with a car of its age there are a few niggly problems. will consider the zetec springs though, are the shocks the same?

i believe they are mate though for ease its a lot easier just to take the whole shock with spring attatched

i believe they are mate though for ease its a lot easier just to take the whole shock with spring attatched

cheers, will look into getting that done once we have sorted out the priority jobs :) being a TDDi i need to get springs/shocks off a TDDi Zetec dont i due the engine weight?

right well i have managed to get the parking lights to work, tried to program the key but when i do the ignition on/off thing i get no sound so i assume i dont have the sensor fitted. aint had a chance to look at the fog lights yet though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club