Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Full Beam

Rikos

Hello all,

I have noticed that when i turn my full beam on my headlights turn off and then when i turn the full beam off my headlights come back on. Is this right?

I'm pretty sure on all my other cars and in fact all cars that i know of, the headlights stay on when you have full beam on.

Cheers

Rik

Hmmm, not sure mate, i know in my van if i turned the rear foglights on all my lights turned off!!!

Not good when your driving at 60. Had to turn engine off and restart with foglight on and it would work fine. Sounds relay related though

Phewww thank god for that cheers Chris

Thats ok mate, will have to meet up sometime and have a mini ford meet :D

Thats ok mate, will have to meet up sometime and have a mini ford meet :D

Yeah has been some talk about one but thats down somerset way! Although the distance may not be an issue anymore now i'm getting 40 mpg + and not 28 :lol:

Yeah has been some talk about one but thats down somerset way! Although the distance may not be an issue anymore now i'm getting 40 mpg + and not 28 :lol:

Yeh just had a look at that mate :)

One thing you will find with your car is that they seem to rev for ever and sound quite nice with an induction kit fitted and does improve the drive quite a bit, as the airbox thats fitted to the 1.4 is like a maze inside so the air does'nt take a very direct route to the engine and feels like its choking, but the induction kit seems to free it up a bit and lets it pick up a bit quicker throught the rev range :)

Yeah may look at getting one but may go for a panel filter if you can get them as i'd rather keep it quiet.

Silent ..... but deadly! :ph34r:

Yeah may look at getting one but may go for a panel filter if you can get them as i'd rather keep it quiet.

Silent ..... but deadly! :ph34r:

Yeh, but with the panel filter the air still goes through the very restrictive air box so not sure if it will make much difference so might not be worth it in the long run? unless you can modify it for a more direct air feed? going to have a look at mine when i get a minute to see what i can do to remove some of the restrictions :)

Yeh, but with the panel filter the air still goes through the very restrictive air box so not sure if it will make much difference so might not be worth it in the long run? unless you can modify it for a more direct air feed? going to have a look at mine when i get a minute to see what i can do to remove some of the restrictions :)

This could be the first job for a car park meet! You know how we like to get the tools out and start tinkering!

This could be the first job for a car park meet! You know how we like to get the tools out and start tinkering!

Yeh its all good fun mate :) just fitted some better bulbs in mine and there a lot brighter than before, going to have a look at the dash when i get chance to see what i can do with the colour of that one, like i've done with my lex :D

Hmmmm, what colours shall i have on the interior.

Maybe, we put some blue flashing lights in the grill of my mates BMW the other day, made going through traffic so much easier lol.

Maybe, we put some blue flashing lights in the grill of my mates BMW the other day, made going through traffic so much easier lol.

:lol: thats ok until you come up behind a copper!

Yea i know, we used a 106 hazard light relay with a switch inside the car. Even had a siren lined up, was gonna use it at a few meets but the siren was a bit to much for the circuit and melted a wire.

Yea i know, we used a 106 hazard light relay with a switch inside the car. Even had a siren lined up, was gonna use it at a few meets but the siren was a bit to much for the circuit and melted a wire.

:o Thats not good! Would have been a good laugh though!

Was a giggle on the test run.

And i do not endorse or support or condone this type of behaviour lol

And i do not endorse or support or condone this type of behaviour lol

Of course not!! We are sensible and well behaved on this forum! :D