Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help!!!! I Need My Engine Code

nadine

Hello

I am a bit naive when it comes to cars and need some help...

I need a new engine for my Ford fiesta freestyle 1.25 2001. It says its an zetec engine and my boyfriend is trying to get a new engine for it and he has been told he needs a 3 digit engine code that should be on my engine.. but there are a few places in the engine with lots of numbers and digits but I haven't a clue where to find it?

Please if someone could help I'd be very grateful.

Have a look on the VIN plate, the engine code is usually on there.

Have a look on the VIN plate, the engine code is usually on there.

thanks, I have the VIN plate but apparently I need to find the engine code on the engine....

Hi

The engine code is on a sticker or stamped on the block. I was thinking something like GUE or GUJ or something like that. Those three letters refer to the revison of the Zetec s Zetec E Duratec and Sigma i think. I stand to be corrected.

The Sticker if it is still there is on the cam belt cover on the left of the engine obscured by the radiator top up tank.

Jamie

Hi

The engine code is on a sticker or stamped on the block. I was thinking something like GUE or GUJ or something like that. Those three letters refer to the revison of the Zetec s Zetec E Duratec and Sigma i think. I stand to be corrected.

The Sticker if it is still there is on the cam belt cover on the left of the engine obscured by the radiator top up tank.

Jamie

Yes that is exactly what I need - the code referring to the version on engine! thank you so much, I guess I just have to find it now!

Hello Again

another port of call would be to look at your v5 it may be on there.

On the engine its a big white sticker if its still stuck on there.

Jamie

Hello Again

another port of call would be to look at your v5 it may be on there.

On the engine its a big white sticker if its still stuck on there.

Jamie

I've checked there and unfortunately it's not on the v5. I did have a look lastnight at the engine and as i looked at it, on the left side, there was a sticker on it with quite a few numbers on it, do you think it's one of them?

Thanks x

Hi nadine

It is the biggest sticker of them all it may have a bar code on it.

With something like 1.25 then the serial number etc.

Obviously for security dont type it all but type what letters you see.

Jamie

Hi nadine

It is the biggest sticker of them all it may have a bar code on it.

With something like 1.25 then the serial number etc.

Obviously for security dont type it all but type what letters you see.

Jamie

Brilliant! Thank you Jamie, you've been a great help! :) x

Anytime nadine :) just pm me if you ever need any more help :) :)

Jamie

this means very little to me,but hopefully more to you:

3 digit code on engine block--zetec

3 Digit code maybe found on pad on the cylinder block adjacent to oil pan rail (oil sump flange) on the exhaust side, or on rear flange of cylinder block adjacent to crankshaft position sensor.

as noted above there is a 2 digit code on the vin plate,off the top of my head its the second box down on the left.

1,6 is L1

1,8 is rk

2,0 is NG

to give you an idea what you are looking for.

Dave

Engine Code DHC

DHC Coded Engine for these makes, models and years

FORD FIESTA · 01/2000 ·

Most common engine size(s) (cc) : 1250

·

Engine Code DHF

DHF Coded Engine for these makes, models and years

FORD FIESTA · 01/02 · 02/03 · 2002 ·

Most common engine size(s) (cc) : 1240 · 1300 · 1250

Looks like it is DHC or DHF,depending when the car was built.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I can't seem to find DHC or DHF on the engine block though.

Lets try this the other way round then,what sequencies of 3 letters can you find stamped on the engine block

Dave

Ok, well I have found the sticker with the barcode that Jamie was talking about and it has YS6G on it at the top, now the YS6 appears on most of the parts too, so is this engine code? apart from that I have found STK on a metal plate (not the Vin plate) and also TUER

can you make any sense of that?

Ok, well I have found the sticker with the barcode that Jamie was talking about and it has YS6G on it at the top, now the YS6 appears on most of the parts too, so is this engine code? apart from that I have found STK on a metal plate (not the Vin plate) and also TUER

can you make any sense of that?

YS6G is a prefix for part numbers,there are 10000 different parts using this code (google ford ys6g if in doubt)

It isnt a sticker or a plate you need to be looking for ,the letters/numbers you want will be stamped into the engine block,they may well be covered in old oils and road dirt.

Is the cost of re engining a 9 year old 1.25 car really worthwhile?

Dave

Thanks, I need to have a look again tonight when I get back. Hopefully I find them.

Well my boyfriends mate is a mechanic and he is trying to find a cheap engine at the scrap yard and if we find it he'll do it for near nothing so hopefully it will be worth it.

Right just got out my copy of Ford tech data 2005.

The zetec -se sefi 1.25 was used from 11/95-02/02

the codes were

DHA

DHB

DHC

DHD

these were all EEC V emissions

they then used

DHE

DHF

DHG

these were SIM19 emissions.

So it must be one of these codes.

I dont have the dates for the changes.

If you look at your v5c,second page / D2 / Version it may say eec v or sim19 which could help you.

Dave

Thank you very much Dave, I will have a look when I get home in a bit and I'll let you know my findings!! :) x

• 2 years later...

Sorry to wake the Zombies but I have just had this problem and finally cracked it.

The engine code for my 1.4 Zetec TDCi was on my V5 under "Variant", which was under "D.2 Type".

For me it was a F6JB1.

Hope this helps someone as my cambelt sticker had also perished and bugger it if I was going to get all Reservoir Dogs in my engine bay for a ruddy code!