Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vauxhall

pikestones

Vauxhall have started to give 100k mile warrantys with their cars from today,following toyota.

How long before Ford catch up.

Dave

but tht means ull have to do 33 thousand miles a year i doubt most people do over 14000

I done a massive 6000 last year in my mk6 now I got a lovely new mk7. :D

but tht means ull have to do 33 thousand miles a year i doubt most people do over 14000

With toyota its 100k over 5 years

With Vauxhall its 100k over as many years as you want to take,as long as you dont sell the car,although second owners can pay to have the warrenty changed to cover them,

I do 25000 a year,so for me its a factor to consider,as i get rid of my cars at 60k/30 months as I dont want any additional costs for repairs.

Dave

Seem's to be a good idea until you have to pay for the dealer service's or part's to keep the warrenty going

Seem's to be a good idea until you have to pay for the dealer service's or part's to keep the warrenty going

I dont find dealer services any more expensive then the local garage these days.

Ford service a 3 year + car for £99 these days,with a years free AA cover included.

My local back street guy charges £89.

Also remember vauxhalls have 20 k/2 year service intervals ,so you would in theory only ever need 4 services, a ford would need 7.

Dave

I dont find dealer services any more expensive then the local garage these days.

Ford service a 3 year + car for £99 these days,with a years free AA cover included.

My local back street guy charges £89.

Also remember vauxhalls have 20 k/2 year service intervals ,so you would in theory only ever need 4 services, a ford would need 7.

Dave

yeah but its a vauxhall and from experience they will be in the dealers more than on the road its merely a desperate move by vauxhall my uncle just bought the brand new signum and its been in 5 times in 8 months they honour the warranty to an extent and like most vauxhalls it handles like an asda shopping trolley with a dodgy wheel ide rather take a toyota if i was buying new.

ford will probably change there warranty with the new 2011 focus which is going through mega tests already from the arctic to the sahara and into the alps

my uncle just bought the brand new signum

I hope he didnt,they stopped building them at the factory 3 years ago.

Dave

I hope he didnt,they stopped building them at the factory 3 years ago.

Dave

lol i was thinkin that

Vauxhall have started to give 100k mile warrantys with their cars from today,following toyota.

How long before Ford catch up.

Dave

Renault have offered a 100k mile warranty on the Laguna since 2008 still only 3 yrs though.

Hopefully others will follow Vauxhall - after all if they have confidence in the reliability of their cars they wont mind giving you a decent long warranty.

It's the manufacturers that stick to 3yrs/60k warranties in future that you need to worry about.

There are plenty of people who do that many miles, think of all the repmobiles and businessmen and taxis!

I know my dad's done 79,000 in his 08 car

length of warranty doesnt matter its whats actually covered!!

with regards to ford srervice charges they vary massively, my local quoted me over 200quid+ for 1st service on mk7

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club