Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With Cd 6000 Radio

fiesta_lad

Hi all i have a cd 6000 radio in my fiesta what it is when i change the radio stations sometimes it don't show up the station name the screen is just blank or some times the screen flashes the stations name or when i higher the volume up the radio station name is jumbled up what can this problem be many thanks alan.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan, this is a big problem with the 6000's. I my self owned a fiesta with this cd system, had the same faults you are mentioning except worse as I could rarely receive any stations apart from Radio 1. I went through a painful process of having 5 yes 5 replacements! And still the radio didn't work correctly, so in the end I gave up. The Evans Halshaw dealer who I used seemed to think that the problem lies within the programming of the system and unfortunately Ford never sorted this.

Try a replacement under warrantee, best of luck!!

Hi Alan, this is a big problem with the 6000's. I my self owned a fiesta with this cd system, had the same faults you are mentioning except worse as I could rarely receive any stations apart from Radio 1. I went through a painful process of having 5 yes 5 replacements! And still the radio didn't work correctly, so in the end I gave up. The Evans Halshaw dealer who I used seemed to think that the problem lies within the programming of the system and unfortunately Ford never sorted this.

Try a replacement under warrantee, best of luck!!

Hi thanks for the reply will these units still be under warrantee from fords and if so will i get a new one out of them for free or will that be like trying to get blood out of a stone :lol: iam thinking of getting a after market cd player one with a built in dvd or something like that.

No prob! My car was new so all of my electrics were covered for up to 2 years, so to be honest your best bet is to go aftermarket! You wont get a new system anyway they will just donar a radio from another car. Tight fists!

No prob! My car was new so all of my electrics were covered for up to 2 years, so to be honest your best bet is to go aftermarket! You wont get a new system anyway they will just donar a radio from another car. Tight fists!

Thats fords for you :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club