Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Antifreeze

jonboy01

oh well here goes...

i went into my local ford garage to buy some antifreeze just in case i needed to top up before winter.

ok.. bought some ford super plus premium....which is now purple in colour.however the coolant in my resovoir is orange..which has always been serviced for the last 6yrs since new by a different ford main dealer...and is supposedly good for 10 yrs

so my question is can i mix the 2 as long as i premix to a 50/50 ratio ????

or where can i still get the orange/red antifreeze from that is currently in the system ?

i know that it has to be an anti silicate type (i use the same in my bike )

can i use one from Comma ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330443358078&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

which meets the specs required by ford (wss-m97b44-c )

thanks in advance for all and any replys...starting to get really confused already.. :rolleyes:

oh well here goes...

i went into my local ford garage to buy some antifreeze just in case i needed to top up before winter.

ok.. bought some ford super plus premium....which is now purple in colour.however the coolant in my resovoir is orange..which has always been serviced for the last 6yrs since new by a different ford main dealer...and is supposedly good for 10 yrs

so my question is can i mix the 2 as long as i premix to a 50/50 ratio ????

or where can i still get the orange/red antifreeze from that is currently in the system ?

i know that it has to be an anti silicate type (i use the same in my bike )

can i use one from Comma ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...atchlink:top:en

which meets the specs required by ford (wss-m97b44-c )

thanks in advance for all and any replys...starting to get really confused already.. :rolleyes:

easy reply this no you cant mix the purple and orange diff grades of coolant if you want to top it up then only use the ford stuff im sure there is stuff rom Halfords you can mix but to save hassle its cheaper getting some ford stuff from eBay or ford

YES u can use the new ford coolant to mix in with original, it is a purple

/transparent colour , your

Original orange ford coolant has been changed to the new spec

Which is purple, it is perfectly safe

To use the new level coolant for top

Ups ....... Ford would not change the top up 1 litre bottles and expect the

Millions of cars filled with orange

Ford coolant not to be able to use it.... It is made

To mix in with the previous spec antifreeze

• Like 1

easy reply this no you cant mix the purple and orange diff grades of coolant if you want to top it up then only use the ford stuff im sure there is stuff rom halfords you can mix but to save hassle its cheaper getting some ford stuff from ebay or ford

i did get the antifreeze fom a main ford dealer and didnt notice the colour change until i got home and went to premix it.. :(

so who is right then ? can i use it or not ?

this is the one i got and it is a lovely colour purple

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GENUINE-FORD-PURPLE-ANTI-FREEZE-ANTIFREEZE-1LTR-/330355802418?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ceabd8132

really confused now..lol

I read your post properly and saw that you purchased from a main dealer in the first place...... You CAN use this antifreeze as it is designed to mix with earlier level ford antifreeze.... They wouldn stop making the original stuff and replace it with something un compatible.... It wouldn sell !!!

I read your post properly and saw that you purchased from a main dealer in the first place...... You CAN use this antifreeze as it is designed to mix with earlier level ford antifreeze.... They wouldn stop making the original stuff and replace it with something un compatible.... It wouldn sell !!!

thanks for the clarification :D

shouldnt be a problem for a while as the levels are bang on the line so just a query as for when i might have to add to it.

and thank you for the prompt reply it has put my mind at rest...pity the dealer didnt tell me though when i bought it..still as long as its ok to use that'll do for me.

happy bunny now ;)

thanks for the clarification :D

shouldnt be a problem for a while as the levels are bang on the line so just a query as for when i might have to add to it.

and thank you for the prompt reply it has put my mind at rest...pity the dealer didnt tell me though when i bought it..still as long as its ok to use that'll do for me.

happy bunny now ;)

hes correct sorry the purple stuff is mixable my fault for not reading the post fully

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club