Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Engine Noise

Michael76

I've only had my (petrol) Fiesta for a week, but I've noticed the engine is quite noisy and rattly and it's very noticable when I open the bonnet. It also causes some vibration that I can feel inside the car. Surely the engine should sound completely smooth with no rattle at all? It sounds like my friend's 10 year old Ford KA! I'll take it back to the dealer next week, but was just wondered if anyone else has had this issue and what the cause may be?

what engine you got in there m8?

the 1.25 is quite noisy,with a real nice grunt from the exhaust ;)

what engine you got in there m8?

the 1.25 is quite noisy,with a real nice grunt from the exhaust ;)

It's a 1.4. I'm sure it shouldn't make the noise it is...it sounds like an old car when it's idling.

It's a 1.4. I'm sure it shouldn't make the noise it is...it sounds like an old car when it's idling.

I'm pretty sure it shouldn't make that noise either. My new 1.4 Zetec doesn't but then it's only four days old, perhaps I've this delight to come! I'd get it back to the deealer and see what they have to say.

I'm pretty sure it shouldn't make that noise either. My new 1.4 Zetec doesn't but then it's only four days old, perhaps I've this delight to come! I'd get it back to the deealer and see what they have to say.

Thanks, mine's a 3 door, otherwise it's identical to yours. It's a week old and I'm sure it wasn't making that nice for the first few days. I'll get them to sort it next week.

I know that they are much noisier than the mk6 used to be.

For one very good reason.

What used to sit on top of the engine on the petrol mk6's

A giant slab of plastic that the air filter was in which acted as insulation.

Jamie

I know that they are much noisier than the mk6 used to be.

For one very good reason.

What used to sit on top of the engine on the petrol mk6's

A giant slab of plastic that the air filter was in which acted as insulation.

Jamie

That's true, I had a mk6. Probably why they stick a thick wad of insulation material on the underside of the bonnet!

That thick wad of insulation is the same material used in the rear wheel arch liners lol. and its possibley less than half an inch thick.

Jamie

Well, I'll see what they say about the engine noise. I'm not happy about feeling vibrations in the car. They can fix my USB too while they're at it, as after a few days it has decided not to recognise my ipod!

my fiesta zetec (09) does not make a sound it is quiter than the mrk 6.5

count down the days till the fiesta ghia goes to a new home

my zs is noisey also, when idling it sounds like my old mk1 fiesta did, with the tappits and all lol ;)

I had the MK6 and 6.5 1.4 petrol and they was pretty quiet but my new MK7 is noisy.Oh hang on the new one is diesel hahahahahahha but hey fare dose the 1.6 diesel is quiet for a diesel. :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club