Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Trim?

zebra

a quick question, any help appreciated. Today the plastic column trim (not sure of correct name) came off the drivers side passenger door, and unfortunately was lost. What is the correct name for this?? I'm hoping I can buy one off eBay, but need to know the correct name.

My fiesta is 2003 (53) reg, what is the correct mark no??

Cheers

a quick question, any help appreciated. Today the plastic column trim (not sure of correct name) came off the drivers side passenger door, and unfortunately was lost. What is the correct name for this?? I'm hoping I can buy one off ebay, but need to know the correct name.

My fiesta is 2003 (53) reg, what is the correct mark no??

Cheers

Your car is a Mk 6, and the Haynes manual for it is volume no. 4170, Apr 2002 to 2005. (02 - 54 reg.)

A quick 'phone call to your local breakers yard, and describe the problem, and colour of plastic part, and they will check around their stock, and 'phone back later. I get things from 200 miles away, at Overton Garage, Dyce, Aberdeen, paid by Credit Card, and sent to their local Depot at the edge of my town, for Saturday pick-up. Special post would cost extra. (mechanical/electrical parts get a warranty).

I presume you are referring to a triangular trim panel, that is to the rear of the glass, and just pushes into fixings; -- photo 12.13,in bodywork and fittings section, 11.9.

You could prise the other one off and ask the ford dealer for a price, but a colour match is worth having, as the door mirror controls will have the same colour bits.

That's correct about it being a Mk6.

Do you mean the plastic trim at the front edge of the rear door, where the front and rear doors meet in the middle of the car? If so the trim part is the one that goes the full height of the window and is roughly rectangular in shape. It's quite common for these to come off on the Mk 6 (my 2002 1.4 diesel only has 1 of the 4 original trim pieces still on the car).

This part is a Ford Fiesta MK6 R/Hand Rear Door Moulding, Part Number 1473675 and I got mine from my local ford dealer at about £18 each new. The worst part about fitting them is getting the old clips off the car to clip the new part on. Also, they are only supplied in a black grainy finish so no worries about colour matching.

Hope this helps.

:D

Thanks guys, Its the second one - the rectangular part in the middle where the two windows meet. Thats a huge help! The car is due for service at the end of the month, so I'll get it done then... The same part but on the other side is also starting to come loose so I might get some of the sticky pads for number plates and stick it back on before it comes off too...

Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas where I can get one of these online?? I'm struggling to be able to get into a ford garage at the mo.

Thanks

its called a "B" pillar trim, they are different between 3 and 5 door. and also if you if you have a 5 door they is one on the rear door and one on the ront

• 2 months later...

I fitted one of these yesterday. Here are a few tips. The old white clips can be removed with a flat ended screwdriver. When fitting the new one remove the rubber door seal of the edge of the door first, then slide the black plastic rim of the door trim onto the metal edge of the door, before pushing into place the 3 white clips into the oval holes in the door. Then replace door seal.

On my first attempt I pushed the 3 white clips into place first before I realised that the rim needed to fit over the door edge. As a result the trim wasn't flush - but fortunately I could unclip the fittings without breaking them, and I could start again.

• Like 1

On my first attempt I pushed the 3 white clips into place first before I realised that the rim needed to fit over the door edge. As a result the trim wasn't flush - but fortunately I could unclip the fittings without breaking them, and I could start again.

I wish I'd read this post a day earlier. I did the same thing today. Managed to forceably remove the old clips. Carefully lined up the new clips and fit the moulding to the door, making sure it was attached securely. Then when I stepped back from my handy work I saw that the trim was supposed to go over the edging first. Too late unfortunately as it was solidly attached. Now it sticks out half a cm at the back, very annoying.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, my partners fiesta had this issue up until a few minutes ago. When we bought the car a couple of weeks back I spotted the trim was held on with insulting tape (also known as insulation tape) on the rear left. Yesterday I gave the cars a wash and the jet wash did the same to the drivers side trim. I had a look this morning and it seems the common issue is the clips become unglued from the trim panel. I rectified it with some £4 epoxy (Araldite twin tube). I have used araldite to bodge plenty of parts in the past on race cars including a gearbox casing on one occasion until we had a chance to weld it at the workshop. I am sure the stuff will do the job here. If you can save the pounds and spend a few minutes making sure the clips are glued on properly its well worth a try. Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

any one know the part number for the door trim clips as a couple of mine broke?
or any others that do the job?

• 11 months later...

The original question says the car is a 2003 (53) reg.
Opinion above seems to be that this would make it a Mk 6.

However, according to Wikipedia, it would be a "Fifth generation (2002–2008)" Mk5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fiesta

I am asking because I am trying to find parts for a 2006 (06).
Can anyone explain please?

Thanks.

Your car is a mk6.5 or facelift mk6, the facelift model came out in 2005 although there was a crossover point between the mk6 and 6.5 depending on whether some mk6 were still in stock and may have been late registered.

The style of headlight is the easiest way to differentiate your car.

If it is a smooth lens then it is a mk6, if there is a bulge where the sidelight bulb fits then it is a mk 6.5.

To illustrate-

Mk6 light-

post-28494-0-53202600-1425880117_thumb.j

Mk6.5 (facelift) light-

post-28494-0-69053500-1425880143_thumb.j

• Like 1

Your car is a mk6.5 or facelift mk6, the facelift model came out in 2005 although there was a crossover point between the mk6 and 6.5 depending on whether some mk6 were still in stock and may have been late registered.

The style of headlight is the easiest way to differentiate your car.

If it is a smooth lens then it is a mk6, if there is a bulge where the sidelight bulb fits then it is a mk 6.5.

Thanks very much for your help - I now believe mine is a 6.5 from looking at the headlight.

And after reading Wikipedia more carefully, I can see where my confusion arose.

Although it states: Fifth generation (2002–2008) MkV

There is the following disclaimer:

"The fifth generation was known as Mark VI in United Kingdom and

elsewhere due to the fourth generation facelift being commonly referred

to as the Mark V".

Cheers.

post-63644-0-95139500-1425895442_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club