4 replies to this topic

#1 Sue3008

Sue3008

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Galaxy

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:16 PM

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me I have a galaxy 1.9tdi 1997. It runs fine but have a problem starting it it is almost like I have to wind it up.

We have changed 2 relays 109 and 102 (I think that was the numbers my husband said he had changed), checked all fuses, have also had new glow plugs and glow plug sensor. We have had the power checked and there is no power going to the glow plugs but there is power going to the relays.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what it could be? We are all out of ideas and don't want to change fuel pump as it is a costly job and knowing our luck won't solve the problem.

Thanks Sue

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

i can not remember on the galaxy if the plugs only work below a certain temp,the power to the relay is controlled by the ecu,you could have a problem with the temp sender unit giving the ecu false signals so the glowplugs are not required,you could do with a live data scan to see if the temp sender is working correctley. it could also be nothing to do with the plugs and have some other reason why its difficult to start.

#3 Sue3008

Sue3008

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

my husband said he had changed the temp sensor. he has also had two Diagnostic checks run both found nothing

#4 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:20 PM

i know this might be a silly question but is the battery and alternator up to standard?

#5 Sue3008

Sue3008

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

Not a silly question sometimes the obvious can be missed unfortunately not this time. Both the battery and alternator are fine.

Can you think of anything else as we are really at a loss.

Thanks
Sue

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users