Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Faulty Fuel Guage

Jimmy305

Hi, I have a 2003 Focus and recently I've noticed that the fuel guage doesnt drop passed 1/4. Has anyone had a similar problem and how would this be fixed?

Hi, I have a 2003 Focus and recently I've noticed that the fuel guage doesnt drop passed 1/4. Has anyone had a similar problem and how would this be fixed?

try topping up to the maximum level you can get in your tank..could just be a sticking fuel sensor arm.

alternativelly you could just change the sensor in the fuel tank for a new one ?.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Focus-Fuel-Pump-/170485155828?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b1b507f4

around £40 for a second hand one or around £120 for a new one

try topping up to the maximum level you can get in your tank..could just be a sticking fuel sensor arm.

alternativelly you could just change the sensor in the fuel tank for a new one ?.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item27b1b507f4

around £40 for a second hand one or around £120 for a new one

Ford Focus 1998 to 1999

Problem: Trip computer inaccurate/faulty fuel gauge.

Solution: This problem is probably caused by an inconsistent contact or open circuit in the fuel tank sender unit and should be solved by installing a new fuel tank sender unit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club