Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Is My New Car Not A Fezza, Wanted A Change From Ford

poshpawsfiesta

and mine was a dynamique lol.

the seats are DEFINITLY more comfortable in the clio, 1st thing i noticed when i test drove it.

and i miss the fuel gauge which tells u how many miles u got left :(

my BF thinkgs hes got more legroom in the fiesta, lol

clutch in clio yes very heavy! and same with steering.

nice choice of car lol. x

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• poshpawsfiesta

• aph1101

• bigdaz86

• AndrewL

if ur 17 how much is your insurance or is it ur mum and dads car ? my insurnace for dad mk7 1.4 tdci zetec was 1600 quid , for my clio its 1500 but on my own , i think its !Removed! riduculas !!!

I share the car with my mum and I'm on her insurance. £1060 for the both of us. Passed my test in may. :)

i was ragin when it happened i nearly went out n clocked him one! i was already goin mad because of the gearbox then the clown did that almost sent me over the edge! eventually i put it thru a brick wall so it made no difference anyway lol :lol:

lol i cant stop laughing lol

and mine was a dynamique lol.

the seats are DEFINITLY more comfortable in the clio, 1st thing i noticed when i test drove it.

and i miss the fuel gauge which tells u how many miles u got left :(

my BF thinkgs hes got more legroom in the fiesta, lol

clutch in clio yes very heavy! and same with steering.

nice choice of car lol. x

yes i love the seats in my clio and the head rests are like split in two so u can pull it towards your head so no sore aching necks on the motorway :) i had the same car as uve got now but the facelifted one do find the seats are quite high ? it feels like ur almost in a mpv?? yes i love that feture aswell very handy , and i think the size of the car is round about the same but every1 intitalled to there opinion :) thanks :)

I share the car with my mum and I'm on her insurance. £1060 for the both of us. Passed my test in may. :)

kool beans you must have a very trusting mother like mine to let u drive her new car , but you soon get fed up with having to hand it back all the time lol it took me 2 years but eventually did lol what insurance company are u with ???

Nothing like owning your own car whatever it is, Pity for me it was sooooo long ago.

kool beans you must have a very trusting mother like mine to let u drive her new car , but you soon get fed up with having to hand it back all the time lol it took me 2 years but eventually did lol what insurance company are u with ???

I'm with aviva. I'm very lucky though because my mum will let me have the car pretty much whenever I want/need it. :D Still don't like "letting her" drive it :lol:

when i got my first 1.4 clio i was 1200 on my own tho after 3 clean years in aug this year i was under 500 on my old 2.3 mazda 6 sport. sadly hasnt come down much on my 1.8 focus rougjly 430.?

Great for a first car without a doubt. oh the days of being young and having your first car and first piece of Independence

I'm with aviva. I'm very lucky though because my mum will let me have the car pretty much whenever I want/need it. :D Still don't like "letting her" drive it :lol:

ill get a quote with them, see if its any cheaper. ye my mum was the same i did the same milliage in 1 year as she did in 3 lol :) haha i used to think it was mine as well lol she aslways used to kurb the wheels it really pised me of lol

clio's are okay, looks like a good'un. :)

i'm sure it will last you until you come back from the dark side and end up with a nice new fiesta :P

nah seriously, you've done good for a first car :).

ALL i know is that renault clio's, not so good for the crankshaft sensors and modified, BUT on the plus side they arn't too expesive to fix.

All in all, you should be pleased with your car ! (would be nicer squeeze though)

Jeeeez sorry to double post, but £1500 insurance for a clio!?!?!

i'm only 19, and insurance on my little 1.4 fiesta is only about £650 tops with a years no claims.

Try ringing up a few people, admiral sent me a renewal for about £1500 to start with, but then rang up and told em where to get of and they matched diamond (becuase apparently they are the same company)

have you added both your parent to your insurance policy, that brings it down a fair chunk?

and i think if your under 21 you have a compulsary excess on most policies of about £250? so try putting a little voluntary too?

if thats any help!

yeah the seats were quite high but u can just adjust them. but goes quite far back, i liked to be high so i can see wots going on lol.

x x

Lovely looking car, I always had a soft spot for the 3dr previous gen Clio.

My sister's just got her first car - a 55 plate Clio 1.2 5dr, it looks pretty good but to be honest it's a bit of a dog to drive - the steering wheel's massive, it's about 10 turns lock to lock, the clutch has a really weird bite and the gear change is like stirring treacle. It's a great deal better than my first car though - a 1.1 Pug 106 which tried to kill me on numerous occasions.

Hi, just had to reply. I always used to have medium to large cars, but with the cost of fuel rising and me travelling further I opted for a small car. To be honest I was attracted by the price of the clio, I went for the "base models" (8v 1200). I was quite taken with my first "small" car. After a few years of driving around 80,000 miles (reasonably happy) decided it was time to chop it in for an newer replacement. After writing off the second I opted for an older, current run about, (Fez Mk4 1300). I have to say I have been more than pleased with it, it has never let me down (with some basic maintenance, of course) taking me 60,500 miles in the 3 1/2 years I have had it. Fuel economy is simililar to the basic clio (around 52 mpg, driving for economy on the current weekly runs) Although initially it seemed slightly nosier, less smooth (it was older, what do you expect?!)

Jeeeez sorry to double post, but £1500 insurance for a clio!?!?!

i'm only 19, and insurance on my little 1.4 fiesta is only about £650 tops with a years no claims.

Try ringing up a few people, admiral sent me a renewal for about £1500 to start with, but then rang up and told em where to get of and they matched diamond (becuase apparently they are the same company)

have you added both your parent to your insurance policy, that brings it down a fair chunk?

and i think if your under 21 you have a compulsary excess on most policies of about £250? so try putting a little voluntary too?

if thats any help!

thanks for the nice comment , and yes ive done that and done numerous internet quotes from compare the market etc etc and yes its with my mum on it but both mum and dad have speeding fines so it dosent go down that much. yours is probally cheaper as ur a female (im guessing from ur profile name lol ) thanks for your interest thou :) :)

yeah the seats were quite high but u can just adjust them. but goes quite far back, i liked to be high so i can see wots going on lol.

x x

lol i am so tall my head use to nearly bang on the roof wen i went over speeed bumps lol and i can bearly fit in my siter gfs new ka car lol

Lovely looking car, I always had a soft spot for the 3dr previous gen Clio.

My sister's just got her first car - a 55 plate Clio 1.2 5dr, it looks pretty good but to be honest it's a bit of a dog to drive - the steering wheel's massive, it's about 10 turns lock to lock, the clutch has a really weird bite and the gear change is like stirring treacle. It's a great deal better than my first car though - a 1.1 Pug 106 which tried to kill me on numerous occasions.

i know it sounds wierd but when cars have slight faults or are underpowered i think it gives them a personality lol when i go up a steep hill and we start to slow down we all shout ' cumon delilah chop chop' lol thanks y i love the fiat 500 its more like a cheeky friend than a car lol , do u know what i mean ????? but car like a ford focus wich i love just dont seem to have a persoanliy there just 'a great car' nothing more nothing less , do ya get me ??

lol i am so tall my head use to nearly bang on the roof wen i went over speeed bumps lol and i can bearly fit in my siter gfs new ka car lol

your sister's gf ? niiiice ;) haha

Due to living in the country side i think this is a key factor in what im about the explain.

Clio's are 10 a penny because there cheap and the ride is soooooo good over the crap roads in the area lol BUT and its a huge massive but nearly all my friends that have owned clio's have crashed them be it under steering off into a hedge, driving out the back of the garage or engines blowing up.

There are two of my friends that have clio's that have lasted more than 6 months one is a 59 plate clio sport 200 cup in white the other is a p reg 1.2 base spec 5 door which has no working electrics of any kind bar lights and wipers all because they went wrong so my mate got really hacked of with it flashing up and doing things by its self he ripped the fuses out then went and stuck orange alloys on it .. rest my case :P

well i hope mine dosent go wrong if it does ill be sure to let everyone no so u you can av a good laugh and say i told you so LOL :):)

Boring car, way to common on the road! Fiesta's aren't to common where I am but I see this cleo way too much! (girls car)

Perhaps I was lucky but I ran a Clio 1.5 DCI from new 02 for 5 years and 70,000 miles. Under warrenty it had a flat spot (EGR valve?) sorted and one of the wiring looms in the steering column expired in a puff of smoke which was interesting at the time. Car still drove OK after I'd plucked up enough courage to sit back in the drivers seat though. A bolt on front ARB snapped out of warrenty but I DIY fixed it using the £6 replacemnt bolt from Renault. Not a bad record for 70,000 miles?

It went like the clappers and did 57mpg.

Although it was only mid range and now 8+ years ago it had a spec rivaling my new 'top of the range' Titanium (multiple air bags, 6 + speaker stereo, wheel controls for stereo, overtaking marks on mirrors, climate, met paint, alloys, elecy mirror, remote locking etc etc)

Think all modern cars festooned with electronics are bad news as they get older. Best to have a new motor under warrenty or a 20+ old banger that you can fix with a hammer and spanner.