Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Plates And Gel Badges

Yarm_UK

Look Great, Think I might do that :)

i had orange gel badges on my orange focus st and the carbon plates i think they made a lot of difference.i will post some pics up when they are fitted to my car.

Arrived today Gel ford badges and carbon gel plates will be fitting them tonight.

Is there a definitive answer anywhere on whether your plates are 'road legal'?

I'm guessing the carbon effect are not, but the domed black ones are questionable. Checking the regulations obviously they must be a certain font, size and spaced right, but there's nothing about a size restriction on depth! As long as the background in white/yellow reflective and the black letters do no reflect light, according to regulations, should you be ok?

Is there a definitive answer anywhere on whether your plates are 'road legal'?

I'm guessing the carbon effect are not, but the domed black ones are questionable. Checking the regulations obviously they must be a certain font, size and spaced right, but there's nothing about a size restriction on depth! As long as the background in white/yellow reflective and the black letters do no reflect light, according to regulations, should you be ok?

they have the BSAE stamp on them and was told they were legal when ordered them.

CIMG4648.jpg

the carbon effect is legal as long as its 51% black and in the charles wright font, the plate is illegal because those type of letters/numbers are stuck on and not an intrical part of the plate so they could be peeled off and misrepresented by altering spacing and didgits with a pair of sissors and then reapplied,so the traffic wombles will pull you. the carbon effect can only be printed onto the reflector before the acrillic is applied. they should also have the name and postcode of the supplier on them as well as the bs mark.

where does the little ford badge go its on the top left hand corner of the blue paper where the 3 oval badges are

where does the little ford badge go its on the top left hand corner of the blue paper where the 3 oval badges are

Hello

It goes on my Key i thought i would get the whole set... :D

i will post up some pics when they all on the car.

I must admit, I do like the idea of these gel overlays. May wait a while as my car is only a week old today! :lol:

Are they easy to remove if you get fed up of them?

Looking forward to the pics.

I must admit, I do like the idea of these gel overlays. May wait a while as my car is only a week old today! :lol:

Are they easy to remove if you get fed up of them?

Looking forward to the pics.

Yes very easy to remove they just stick over the original ones so when you sell the car and want to remove them just pull them off.

Yes very easy to remove they just stick over the original ones so when you sell the car and want to remove them just pull them off.

Ah right, thanks! Looks like I might be investing then :D

how much did it cost for your full set?

not sure of the exact price But i think it was about £25 ish for the badges.

Where abouts in Yarm you live? I grew up there :-"

Hello

i live near the layfield arms pub it was called the harvester a few years back.

Hello

i live near the layfield arms pub it was called the harvester a few years back.

Know it well - spent most of my lunchtimes when I was in sixth form playing pool there... :)