Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is This Gap Normal?

Al J

Just a quick question.

There's a gap between the bottom of the boot lid and the rear 'bumper' (for want of a better word). Four rectangular slots (drainage holes?) can clearly be seen. I can just about get my fingers into the gap.

fez7-1.jpg

Just wanted to know if this gap is normal and part of the design or do I have to go and make noises at my dealers?

If it's the same as everyone else's, I can move on and find something else to worry about! :P

Yea mine looks like that when i look closely, but i can get any fingers between it.

Mine is the same,if you look at any others when you are out and about you will find they have this as well.

Dave

Thanks both for your replies. I thought it was okay as the crease line on the boot lines up with that on the light clusters. Just seemed a little odd. :rolleyes:

I was going to check by looking at other Fiestas but I'm on a very quiet caravan park at the mo and I've only seen one car all day, mine! :D

Thanks again.

Ford has a plastic protection lip that fits in those slots, to protect the paint when loading heavy or large objects in the boot.

That's why there is this small gap and the 4 slots where the clips fit in.

Ford has a plastic protection lip that fits in those slots, to protect the paint when loading heavy or large objects in the boot.

That's why there is this small gap and the 4 slots where the clips fit in.

So that's why! Thanks for the info.

Sorry to go off topic Al J, notice the sticker on your bootlid. Is that dealership owned by the rally driver Gwyndaf Evans

I will add a picture to show how it looks :

33mo9rc.jpg

Thanks very much for taking the time to post that. It's all perfectly clear now. I wonder what it would look like sprayed to match the car? Probably get scuffed though, perhaps I'll just be extra careful loading the boot :)

Sorry to go off topic Al J, notice the sticker on your bootlid. Is that dealership owned by the rally driver Gwyndaf Evans

Yes, the very same. Really nice bloke too. I had quite a chat with him about the Fiesta's handling which he likes a lot. This was after I'd already bought it on a follow up visit, by the way, not a sales pitch! ;)

Gwyndaf Evans Motors

As I've said elsewhere, I'd normally remove dealer stickers right away but in Gwyndaf's case, I'll make an exception :P