Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Duel Mass Flywheel

mick3

i asked this question on another forum and was told go and find out myself by trawling the site so thought id come here to see if anyone can offer me advice.

My mechanic has informed me that my Mondeo tddi needs a new duel mass flywheel. he also told me they could fit a conversion kit to do away with the DMF. ive no experience in this and to be honest he may as well be speaking a foreign language.

So this is my question... has anyone had a conversion kit fitted.. what are the good points and bad points? is it worth it.. i just dont know which way to go with this and desperately need advice from those "in the know"

Many thanks in advance.

i asked this question on another forum and was told go and find out myself by trawling the site so thought id come here to see if anyone can offer me advice.

My mechanic has informed me that my Mondeo tddi needs a new duel mass flywheel. he also told me they could fit a conversion kit to do away with the DMF. ive no experience in this and to be honest he may as well be speaking a foreign language.

So this is my question... has anyone had a conversion kit fitted.. what are the good points and bad points? is it worth it.. i just dont know which way to go with this and desperately need advice from those "in the know"

Many thanks in advance.

if you fit a solid flywheel kit you will loose the silky engine feel. alot of van drivers have solid flywheels fitted but then at the end of the day their van is probably to earn them money not to chill out in.

if you fit a solid flywheel kit you will loose the silky engine feel. alot of van drivers have solid flywheels fitted but then at the end of the day their van is probably to earn them money not to chill out in.

thanks for your reply.. apart from the silky engine feel will it affect performance or damage the car in any way?

Out of interest, what is the reason your mechanic says you need a new flywheel ? What are the symptoms ?

• 1 month later...

his reason is that its messing up starter motors... thats 2 now, had to be replaced fter filling up with bits and jamming.

i had mine done it cost me £650 and saved me buying starter motors again as this tends to burr teeth away on starter mine just runs the same as it always has and i have a 2lr tddi hope this helps

I've not fitted a solid kit to a mondeo, but have done many transits, several peugeot cars, renaults and citroens. All performed as smoothly as before. I always use a proper Valeo matched kit not some mix-and-match collection of flywheel and clutch. Personally I hate DMFs, they just don't last the course at all.

mines a 2l tddi. My mechanic mentioned the conversion kits for a solid mass flywheel but ive read they can bend the crank. anyone witnessed this?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club