5 replies to this topic

#1 DJDevil

DJDevil

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: S max

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

Hi There,

I have a new face lift 10 plate model S Max and I have had some issues from the hand brake when i put it on on a hill it does not seem to hold the car the car continues to role. Took it in to my local sandicliffe ford and they tested it and they said it was fine and they could not find any problems and they are not able to adjust anything. Just wondered what i should do. Apart from leaving the car in gear when i park?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

if ford say there is nothing wrong, find a hill where you know that the handbrake will not hold and then suggest to take the ford agent to the location to prove your point. this is a safty issue do not take no for an answer, also take to ford customer services on 0845 841 1111.

#3 DJDevil

DJDevil

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: S max

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:19 PM

Thanks will give them a call and may even take it back too.

#4 jmurray01

jmurray01

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: MK1 Ford Focus LX 1.8 in Midnight Blue
  • Year: 2000

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:42 PM

Sounds like it's not adjusted properly or the rear disks still have the grease on them to stop them from rusting during transit!! You wouldn't notice it while driving as the front are obviously OK, but the rear disks won't grip when stationary.

#5 armybloke

armybloke

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: SMax
Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:57 AM

Ford Customer Services have been great to me in the past so I too can recommend a call. You may know this already but you should always apply the handbrake on the S-Max when your foot is firmly planted on the brake. This reduces the tension you apply to the handbrake as it just 'takes over' from your foot and also means that if you are holding the car on the hill on the footbrake the handbrake must be ok. If you do this already and this still happens take a look at the discs and where the pad assembly is, it may be that a foreign object has firmly planted itself between pad and disc so as not to form a good brake seal (it could be even be grease as suggested) Good luck

#6 B_O_B_A

B_O_B_A

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Hilal
  • Year: 2013

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

Posted Image
по одноименке :) любовь и голуби

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users