Show
Photo

How Easy It Is To Replcae The Rear Wiper Motor ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bradshaw85

bradshaw85

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Elle 1.6

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

Rear wiper has stopped working :( in these days of real bad rain, it suddenly stopped working, i have replaced the fuse under the glove compartment and still nading, phoned the garaeg and they say it sounds like the motor gone kaput. Checked the haynes manual and no information on how to replace.

Thought one of you brainiacs will know :) and how much they should cost.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 HeadShoT2009

HeadShoT2009

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 Ford Focus Black Edition
Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

I think but I'm not sure but I think it should be pretty easy, just take of the boot panel and see what you think all i think that holds i on is few bolts/ nuts to the boot lid and a nut on the outside(i think that goes round the shaft that comes out that ur wiper attaches too) and then disconnect the wirimg remebering where they went to dont quote me on this as i havnt done it on a focus

#3 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

I think but I'm not sure but I think it should be pretty easy, just take of the boot panel and see what you think all i think that holds i on is few bolts/ nuts to the boot lid and a nut on the outside(i think that goes round the shaft that comes out that ur wiper attaches too) and then disconnect the wirimg remebering where they went to dont quote me on this as i havnt done it on a focus

remove the rear wiper arm 1 13mm nut i believe next open the boot and remove the 4 plastic screws 1 in each corner now give the cover atug its just metal clips at the rear holding it on and voila the wiper motor is there with 3 10mm bolts on isolating rubbers all you need to do when refitting is remove the plastic clips on the cover that the screws went into and push the cover on then replace the clips and screws

#4 jmurray01

jmurray01

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: MK1 Ford Focus LX 1.8 in Midnight Blue
  • Year: 2000

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

Cars pick their times to break down don't they!? Luckily the Fiesta decided to get a bad misfire just before we stopped using it! Good girl! B)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users