• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Midlander

Midlander

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: S Max
Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:54 PM

S Max appx 10 months old, 14000 miles, no real problems todate, except today, after a heavy shower returned to car to find all windows had opened, Car locked, anyone had anything similar happen??? Is this a one off ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:34 PM

sounds like the global opening activated for some reason

#3 Rikos

Rikos

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 LX

Posted 13 September 2008 - 01:03 AM

sounds like the global opening activated for some reason

What is global opening? it doesnt sound to helpful to be honest!

#4 Midlander

Midlander

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: S Max
Posted 13 September 2008 - 07:40 AM

What is global opening? it doesnt sound to helpful to be honest!

Mintalkin - :o Did not know this feature was fitted, thanks, possibly key trapped in pocket activated, as it has a good range.

"The global opening/closing feature allows all the power operated windows and power sunroof (where fitted) to be opened or closed; by pressing and holding either the lock or unlock button on the vehicle's remote key fob.

Open and close all windows and sunroof simultaneously at the touch of a button"

#5 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 13 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

perhaps you unlocked the car and windows without realising,and then the car locked itself because a door was not opened.i find global closing is a very usefull feature if you forget to close the windows after taking the key out of the ignition

#6 Rikos

Rikos

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 LX

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

O right never knew it was called global opening!

#7 montymagic

montymagic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: s-max 1.8 diesel
Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:55 AM

hi i've had the same thing happen twice. I went out in the morning after car had been locked up the night before to find both front electric windows fully open. I thought it must have been me the first time but when it happened again ...... I've got an LX so just the front windows are electric. I've also had a fault with the passeneger front window where if you open it then try to close it it starts opening again and takes about 5 goes to get it shut. It's been back to sandicliffe in Leicester 4 times and they stillhaven't fixed it. Keeps doing the same thing when I get it back. I think the faults must be linked. They did a central reset, adjusted something in the window, replaced the door controller - still the same. Any mechanics out there with any ideas?

#8 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:27 PM

hi i've had the same thing happen twice. I went out in the morning after car had been locked up the night before to find both front electric windows fully open. I thought it must have been me the first time but when it happened again ...... I've got an LX so just the front windows are electric. I've also had a fault with the passeneger front window where if you open it then try to close it it starts opening again and takes about 5 goes to get it shut. It's been back to sandicliffe in Leicester 4 times and they stillhaven't fixed it. Keeps doing the same thing when I get it back. I think the faults must be linked. They did a central reset, adjusted something in the window, replaced the door controller - still the same. Any mechanics out there with any ideas?

Dont know about your problem but I dont think global closure has ever been fitted to a 5 door car where only the front windows are electrically operated and the back manual.

#9 landman

landman

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: .
Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

Hi MontyMagic,

Have you checked for any foreign objects in the door rubbers?

The S-Max system is designed to have an anti-trap function. If the window senses a restriction of some kind it will reverse itself.

If that's all clear then you do have a problem with the motor.

HTH

Landman

#10 sobaka

sobaka

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Ford Model: SMAX
Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

Hi MontyMagic,

Have you checked for any foreign objects in the door rubbers?

The S-Max system is designed to have an anti-trap function. If the window senses a restriction of some kind it will reverse itself.

If that's all clear then you do have a problem with the motor.

HTH

Landman

Another theory - you have accidentally pushed the open button for several seconds (in your pocket for example) this triggers windows opening

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users