Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windows

Midlander

S Max appx 10 months old, 14000 miles, no real problems todate, except today, after a heavy shower returned to car to find all windows had opened, Car locked, anyone had anything similar happen??? Is this a one off ?

What is global opening? it doesnt sound to helpful to be honest!

Mintalkin - :o Did not know this feature was fitted, thanks, possibly key trapped in pocket activated, as it has a good range.

"The global opening/closing feature allows all the power operated windows and power sunroof (where fitted) to be opened or closed; by pressing and holding either the lock or unlock button on the vehicle's remote key fob.

Open and close all windows and sunroof simultaneously at the touch of a button"

perhaps you unlocked the car and windows without realising,and then the car locked itself because a door was not opened.i find global closing is a very usefull feature if you forget to close the windows after taking the key out of the ignition

• 3 months later...

hi i've had the same thing happen twice. I went out in the morning after car had been locked up the night before to find both front electric windows fully open. I thought it must have been me the first time but when it happened again ...... I've got an LX so just the front windows are electric. I've also had a fault with the passeneger front window where if you open it then try to close it it starts opening again and takes about 5 goes to get it shut. It's been back to sandicliffe in Leicester 4 times and they stillhaven't fixed it. Keeps doing the same thing when I get it back. I think the faults must be linked. They did a central reset, adjusted something in the window, replaced the door controller - still the same. Any mechanics out there with any ideas?

hi i've had the same thing happen twice. I went out in the morning after car had been locked up the night before to find both front electric windows fully open. I thought it must have been me the first time but when it happened again ...... I've got an LX so just the front windows are electric. I've also had a fault with the passeneger front window where if you open it then try to close it it starts opening again and takes about 5 goes to get it shut. It's been back to sandicliffe in Leicester 4 times and they stillhaven't fixed it. Keeps doing the same thing when I get it back. I think the faults must be linked. They did a central reset, adjusted something in the window, replaced the door controller - still the same. Any mechanics out there with any ideas?

Dont know about your problem but I dont think global closure has ever been fitted to a 5 door car where only the front windows are electrically operated and the back manual.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MontyMagic,

Have you checked for any foreign objects in the door rubbers?

The S-Max system is designed to have an anti-trap function. If the window senses a restriction of some kind it will reverse itself.

If that's all clear then you do have a problem with the motor.

HTH

Landman

Hi MontyMagic,

Have you checked for any foreign objects in the door rubbers?

The S-Max system is designed to have an anti-trap function. If the window senses a restriction of some kind it will reverse itself.

If that's all clear then you do have a problem with the motor.

HTH

Landman

Another theory - you have accidentally pushed the open button for several seconds (in your pocket for example) this triggers windows opening