Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

put a couple of pics up after using proshine wash and wax its a waterless wash with carnuba and as you can see by the pics it works used on the alloys tyres all the black windows everything basically P140810_17.12_03.jpg .jpg]
P140810_17.12_01.jpg .jpg]
P140810_17.12_02.jpg .jpg]

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 DAM13N

DAM13N

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec
Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

WOW!!! Really good effect, what Manufacture is this made by I.E on QVC /Ideal World - there is greese lighting and showroom shine.

what did you do on the tyres just spray it all over and "shazam"..

really looks amazing to be fair.

#3 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

WOW!!! Really good effect, what Manufacture is this made by I.E on QVC /Ideal World - there is greese lighting and showroom shine.

what did you do on the tyres just spray it all over and "shazam"..

really looks amazing to be fair.

pro shine is showroom shine just the old name you get it from ebay and on the tyres the black part you spray it on and use an old rag to rub it in it removes all the rubbish then when dry a light buff and youre donebest part is it lasts even if it rains you wipe the car over with youre microfibre cloth of which you get 3 for a quid from asda and its nice and shiny againyou can if you want use another wax on top if you want but ive never needeed to

#4 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

I've been experimenting with waterless washes recently (or at least water reduced - no outside tap at my new place) - the Greased Lightning stuff was ok for me but Optimum No Rinse blows it out of the water - no pun intended!

Nice results though.

#5 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

Area Rep: Northwest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk5
Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:54 PM

Used proshine before many years ago i find it gives a nice glossy result is it like yellow and white in the bottle and you have got to shake it to mix it.

#6 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

if you are going t use it all the time i have found this to be the cheapest option.
http://www.idealworl...sed20lightning}

#7 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

I would suggest this is more economical in the long run, you only need an ounce of product for each wash.

Elite Car Care: ONR

We get 5% off with the FOC discount code that greeny arranged as well...FORDOC

I find this the best compromise between full on detailing and 'waterless' washing. At the end of the day if you want to stay swirl and scratch free you need as much lubricity was possible - when using the Greased Lightning range I definitely picked up some swirls. They were very minor and came out with Lime Prime on a DA polisher, but I've had no such trouble with ONR.

#8 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:36 AM

I have been using a waterless product recently (Name I have forgotten, I got it at a car show :lol:)
Really good stuff, cant say it was enjoyable the first time I used it though from worrying about scratches/swirls :lol:
Good results artscot :D

#9 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:43 AM

After a quick search, I use this HERE

#10 cressws1

cressws1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8
  • Year: 1999

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:57 AM

How does it look on the black trim? (door handles, side skirt, boot trim etc) as some polishes leave a nasty white dusty effect on these thats hard to remove! Looks awesome apart from that mate.

#11 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

Think its time i bought some of this stuff the hose pipe ban has been on here since june and the cars looking absolutely crap now covered in marker pen, dust, bird crap. The st was once silver its now brown so how much is this proshine, will i need to wash the cars before applying it bearing in mind there absolutely saturated, can you get it from other places than e-bay, does it leave a waxy texture to the bodywork.

Gotta say art the car's so shiny we can even see ur bling :P

#12 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

Think its time i bought some of this stuff the hose pipe ban has been on here since june and the cars looking absolutely crap now covered in marker pen, dust, bird crap. The st was once silver its now brown so how much is this proshine, will i need to wash the cars before applying it bearing in mind there absolutely saturated, can you get it from other places than e-bay, does it leave a waxy texture to the bodywork.

Gotta say art the car's so shiny we can even see ur bling :P

its great on the black trim as its like a liquid my black has a nice deep shine but not wet looking like you get with back to black and other products it looks new black is the best way to describe it havent picked up any swirl marks i have to say not yet i find it easier to spray on the car and use a cloth to wipe the area once then use the microfibre to buff it up rather than working it in to the paint its definately quick and handy and brill on alloys thje first time i used it on the alloys then left them to get minging then used the proshine to wipe them down and all the muck came off really easily no scrubbing or using wonder wheels etc.

i buy it from ebay as its the cheapest place after you use it the car is super smooth on the paint leaves a film of wax and no you dont have to wash the car first though you could if you wanted to spray it on the panel wipe then buff

#13 ford focus edge

ford focus edge

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.5T ST-2
  • Year: 2008

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_1555wt_1137 Thats the best deal i can find only need another tenner and il order it, comes with a pair of cloths as well even though ive got a set of microfibre ones in this house there like gold dust always getting fought over also were always running low on wheel cleaner but can i use it on the 220 because they have a chrome finish on as does the door handles and boot trim etc also can it be used on glass because i once used auto glym glass polish on my front screen and well things didn't go to well ..

So i could wash the car then rub the proshine on roughly first with one cloth to cover the area then buff it in like a polish?

#14 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...#ht_1555wt_1137 Thats the best deal i can find only need another tenner and il order it, comes with a pair of cloths as well even though ive got a set of microfibre ones in this house there like gold dust always getting fought over also were always running low on wheel cleaner but can i use it on the 220 because they have a chrome finish on as does the door handles and boot trim etc also can it be used on glass because i once used auto glym glass polish on my front screen and well things didn't go to well ..

So i could wash the car then rub the proshine on roughly first with one cloth to cover the area then buff it in like a polish?

its perfect on chrome tried it on my sisters rover so no need to worry about that you can use it on the inside and outside of the windows they say not on the fronts but ive used it with no streaking issues as the wipers are going if anything you use the wipers less as the rain just blows up the screen simple wipe on the panel and wipe off you dont even really buff it just a quick wipe and youre done you can tell its on when you run youre hand over the paint it goes super smooth

#15 mike01

mike01

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.8 3 door

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

if you are going t use it all the time i have found this to be the cheapest option.
http://www.idealworl...sed20lightning}

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users