Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Back Doors Will Not Open Inside Or Out

Northern

Hello All,

This is my first post. Hope you can help?

I have a 2000 Ford Focus 1.8lx estate.

Been having problems with the central locking on the back doors. Only the drivers door would open by the central locking key fob system, so I used to unlock the car and reach to the back door handles inside to open them.

Today tried to use the inside handles to open the back doors but both are now deadlocked. The back doors will not allow me to operate the lock (adjacent to the internal handle) or handle and they still dont open from the outside. HELP!!!

I can hear the central locking making a slight noise in each back door but they will not unlock.

Any suggestions?

I am quite handy but not sure how I would take the door covers off as the screws on the edge of the door panels can no longer be accessed as the doors will not open!

Northern

Hello All,

This is my first post. Hope you can help?

I have a 2000 Ford Focus 1.8lx estate.

Been having problems with the central locking on the back doors. Only the drivers door would open by the central locking key fob system, so I used to unlock the car and reach to the back door handles inside to open them.

Today tried to use the inside handles to open the back doors but both are now deadlocked. The back doors will not allow me to operate the lock (adjacent to the internal handle) or handle and they still dont open from the outside. HELP!!!

I can hear the central locking making a slight noise in each back door but they will not unlock.

Any suggestions?

I am quite handy but not sure how I would take the door covers off as the screws on the edge of the door panels can no longer be accessed as the doors will not open!

Northern

if they wont open then im afraid its a case of ripping the door card off and getting one from a scrappy mate try getting someone to open them from the inside as you give the handle a gentle smack from the outside hit it 2 inches below the handle other than that you have to butcher the door card

Thank you for your reply.

I can hear the slight clicking of the central locking mechanism but not the solid clunk to allow it to open. Is it the mechanism that has jammed/is faulty?

Strange that both back doors have jammed locked at the same time, as I used to be able to manually open either from thiir inside door handles? If it was mechanical wouldnt one sieze/stick in dead-lock first? Could this be electrical?

Northern