Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking To Buy A Used Fiesta

jonc22

I am at the moment looking in to buying a used Ford Fiesta and my budget is £3,000 possibly a few hundred more. I know little about the car and just wanted to know what to look out for. It also needs to be reliable ,cheap to run and insure. (nearly forgot it also has to be either Automatic or semi). Ive seen a few on Autotrader but like I said am not sure what to look for and what to avoid.

Thanks for any reply's and help

Joan

Ps I was told to get a 1.2 but I have only seen 1.4 does that really make a difference when it comes to running cost and insurance ?.

if ur talking about a mk4 or mk5 fezza all i know to look out for is to make sure the sunroof drainage holes are clear as they can rot the car if they get blocked and if u want a mk 6 wich i cant see u getting one for that money, is the pollen filter can let water in to the cars and (wouldnt put my life on it) but i think they only come in a 1.4 auto :)

Ps I was told to get a 1.2 but I have only seen 1.4 does that really make a difference when it comes to running cost and insurance ?.

in the mk6 i think the 1.4 is a much better engine and theres only like 6 bhp diffrence so the mpg will be basicly the same i used to get 48-50 mpg out of the one i drove over the year :) but tht was a manual :)

Brilliant find Poshpaws!!

"Im selling on behalf of my sister who is away on holiday"

"owned by my sister"

"cash only"

" Has had regular servicing but book not been stamped"

Bet the seller is willing to meet you on the motorway services as well to save you having to drive to his house!

Dave

Brilliant find Poshpaws!!

"Im selling on behalf of my sister who is away on holiday"

"owned by my sister"

"cash only"

" Has had regular servicing but book not been stamped"

Bet the seller is willing to meet you on the motorway services as well to save you having to drive to his house!

Dave

im not saying buy this one i was just sayin its nice , i.e colour and shape !!

Saw 2003 FORD Fiesta 1.4 Ghia today for £3,699 looks nice as well

" 5 Doors, Automatic, Hatchback, Petrol, 29,000 miles, Metallic Silver, 2 Owners. Colour coding - Body, Colour coding - Interior, two lady owners, service history, ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Folding rear seats, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Remote central locking, Rear wiper, Height adjustable drivers seat, Heated door mirrors, Full size spare wheel, Front head restraints, Front fog lights, Front electric windows, Electric door mirrors, Audio remote control, Alarm, Trip computer, PAS, Drivers airbag, Body coloured bumpers. Insurance Group:5 "

What do use think

" 5 Doors, Automatic, Hatchback, Petrol, 29,000 miles, Metallic Silver, 2 Owners. Colour coding - Body, Colour coding - Interior, two lady owners, service history, ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Folding rear seats, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Remote central locking, Rear wiper, Height adjustable drivers seat, Heated door mirrors, Full size spare wheel, Front head restraints, Front fog lights, Front electric windows, Electric door mirrors, Audio remote control, Alarm, Trip computer, PAS, Drivers airbag, Body coloured bumpers. Insurance Group:5 "

What do use think

sounds nice to me if u like it and you are happy go for it :):)

sounds nice to me if u like it and you are happy go for it :):)

Its a trader selling it as well so at least ill get some kind of warranty so soon as I get [if I get it] I can try and book someone from the Rac to check it out for me

yup i got a family macanic to check my car and i did a hpi check aswell ,better to be safe than sorry :)

just thought id help you out with engines mate, iv got a 1.4 petrol at the moment, although am selling for new diesel but anyway before my 1.4 i had a 1.25 and although this may seem weird i get better fuel consumption out of my 1.4 im assuming as i do alot of 60-70 mph driving therefore the 1.25 labours so you would be better with a 1.4 anyway.

Ant

It all depends on what sort of driving your doing? If your doing alot of stop starting driving i.e city centre driving go for a 1.2 but if your going to be doing lots of motorway miles then get a 1.4 :D Obviously a 1.2 will be cheaper on insurance, but a 1.4 will be better for motorway driving because it has a bit more power and will be a bit quicker off the mark.

What do use think

Look's like a nice car :D Hopefully someone will be able to give you a few things that are common problems with these, but if its off a dealer I suspect any problems will be sorted unless its a dodgy dealer haha. Two lady owners? Good stuff alot of the time its better to buy cars owned by women they don't normally do as many miles and don't rag the monkey out of the car haha.

Heff

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club