• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlueA

BlueA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Estate

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:29 AM

Have had to purchase a new oval Ford badge for the tailgate of my Mondeo Mk 4 estate. The badge has a self-adhesive back, but also two large lugs about an inch long.
Does anyone know if there are clips on the inside of the car on these lugs i.e. is it necessary to remove the fascia on the inside of the tailgate to change the badge?
Any advice gratefully received!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 chris bowman

chris bowman

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Ford Model: ford mondeo 2.0lx tdci 115

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:43 PM

i would imagine that if there are lugs on the back of the badge then there are a type of starlet washer that should be forced over each lug from the inside of the panel. unfortunately this would mean removing the inside trim on the tailgate to access this area. however if the adheasive is decent then u should get away with it!

#3 Fatbloke

Fatbloke

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk4 2.0 TDCi Titanium

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

Have had to purchase a new oval Ford badge for the tailgate of my Mondeo Mk 4 estate. The badge has a self-adhesive back, but also two large lugs about an inch long.
Does anyone know if there are clips on the inside of the car on these lugs i.e. is it necessary to remove the fascia on the inside of the tailgate to change the badge?
Any advice gratefully received!

Hi,

Did you manage to work outr how to get the badge off? I have purchased a new badge to replace the old flaky one, but cant work out how to take the old one off.

#4 stev1

stev1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: mondeo 1.8lx
  • Year: 2000

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

the lugs are only there for alignment the adhesive will be strong enuf to hold it in place. if ur not confident about the adhesive tape. then get some tiger seal adhesive. its brilliant stuff and once it sticks it wont come off again.

as for the other question of getting the old badge off. just warm it up with a hair dryer or heat gun and it shuold just prise off easily.

regards

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users