Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Ford Badge

BlueA

Have had to purchase a new oval Ford badge for the tailgate of my Mondeo Mk 4 estate. The badge has a self-adhesive back, but also two large lugs about an inch long.

Does anyone know if there are clips on the inside of the car on these lugs i.e. is it necessary to remove the fascia on the inside of the tailgate to change the badge?

Any advice gratefully received!

i would imagine that if there are lugs on the back of the badge then there are a type of starlet washer that should be forced over each lug from the inside of the panel. unfortunately this would mean removing the inside trim on the tailgate to access this area. however if the adheasive is decent then u should get away with it!

• 11 months later...

Have had to purchase a new oval Ford badge for the tailgate of my Mondeo Mk 4 estate. The badge has a self-adhesive back, but also two large lugs about an inch long.

Does anyone know if there are clips on the inside of the car on these lugs i.e. is it necessary to remove the fascia on the inside of the tailgate to change the badge?

Any advice gratefully received!

Hi,

Did you manage to work outr how to get the badge off? I have purchased a new badge to replace the old flaky one, but cant work out how to take the old one off.

• 5 weeks later...

the lugs are only there for alignment the adhesive will be strong enuf to hold it in place. if ur not confident about the adhesive tape. then get some tiger seal adhesive. its brilliant stuff and once it sticks it wont come off again.

as for the other question of getting the old badge off. just warm it up with a hair dryer or heat gun and it shuold just prise off easily.

regards

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club