Show
Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Do You Think This Is A Good Price For My 2009 Fiesta ??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#1 poshpawsfiesta

poshpawsfiesta

AKA PoshPawsRenaultClio

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:48 AM

i have been talking to a nice guy from ford online about trading the fezza in for a 60 plate focus and heres the price for mine its a 2009 59 ford fiesta 1.4 tdci 5 door zetec vision blue with bluetooth imaculate condition 15000 miles and he has offered me 8750 for it i am so shocked that is all its worth as it was 12500 only 9 months ago (not that i doubt his valuation in any way) and he has quoted me for a 60 plate ford focus 1.6 tdci zetec 110 bhp with sony surround and dab and 17 inch wheels and tinted glass for 14720 in colorado red , watcha think ??????? thanks in advance for your views :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 AndrewL

AndrewL

Local Rep: Warwickshire

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

I think you need to keep a car for more than ten minutes. Trading in a car that new seems really pointless to me unless you're really unhappy with it. The bulk of the depreciation happens as soon as the car rolls off the forecourt and in the first year of ownership and following that it slows.

Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.4i Zetec 3dr 2008 (08) 30,000 miles
Dealer 8,260
Private 7,410
Part exchange 6,865
Trade 6,610
Cost new 12,795

Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.4i Zetec 3dr 2009 (09) 20,000 miles
Dealer 9,470
Private 8,550
Part exchange 7,885
Trade 7,575
Cost new 13,395

Total depreciation after one year - 29.4%
Total depreciation after two years - 35.5% (based on dealer sale from list price at time of purchase)

In my opinion you're better off hanging on to the Fez for at least another year.

#3 AndrewL

AndrewL

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

Oh, and for your car from what car,

Ford Fiesta Hatchback 1.4 TDCi Zetec 5dr 2009 (59) 15,000 miles
Dealer 10,890
Private 9,870
Part exchange 9,345
Trade 8,995
Cost new 15,195

The valuation you have recieved is nowhere near the money.

#4 bigdaz86

bigdaz86

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 1.8 style 57 plate

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

seems pointless trading in a 59 plate fiesta for a 60 plate and having to pay an extra 6k or more?? you might aswell buy a bigger better car if your gonna do that? just my opinion tho?

#5 poshpawsfiesta

poshpawsfiesta

AKA PoshPawsRenaultClio

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:05 PM

seems pointless trading in a 59 plate fiesta for a 60 plate and having to pay an extra 6k or more?? you might aswell buy a bigger better car if your gonna do that? just my opinion tho?

ye a focus 1.6 tdci is a bigger better car thou :)

#6 poshpawsfiesta

poshpawsfiesta

AKA PoshPawsRenaultClio

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

Oh, and for your car from what car,

The valuation you have recieved is nowhere near the money.

yes i did a what car valuation aswell , i think a bit of batering is in order to get the best deal :):) i think his valuation is for september when the reg is a year old , the reg is only 6 months old atm , if u know wat i mean :)

#7 poshpawsfiesta

poshpawsfiesta

AKA PoshPawsRenaultClio

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

I think you need to keep a car for more than ten minutes. Trading in a car that new seems really pointless to me unless you're really unhappy with it. The bulk of the depreciation happens as soon as the car rolls off the forecourt and in the first year of ownership and following that it slows.

Total depreciation after one year - 29.4%
Total depreciation after two years - 35.5% (based on dealer sale from list price at time of purchase)

In my opinion you're better off hanging on to the Fez for at least another year.

yes ill av a chat with my dad see wot he says its upto him at the end off the day hes the man with the cash lol

#8 AndrewL

AndrewL

• PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

If you really love the Focus you're better off buying used, the residuals are so poor, you can get some excellent bargains. Infact, haven't you just bought your own car? Who is this for!?

#9 poshpawsfiesta

poshpawsfiesta

AKA PoshPawsRenaultClio

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

If you really love the Focus you're better off buying used, the residuals are so poor, you can get some excellent bargains. Infact, haven't you just bought your own car? Who is this for!?

its for me and dad, ill will drive it occasionly , he just misses the rear leg room and boot space and the extra power , the 1.4 tdci is fine for 1 or 2 peoples load but when u got boot full and 4 people in it , it can be near on dangerous :)

#10 poshpawsfiesta

poshpawsfiesta

AKA PoshPawsRenaultClio

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:14 PM

wht like this ??? http://www.fordonlin...0000990175.aspx he said he can do this for 11750 :) wat ya think ?

#11 Nico.

Nico.

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

not being funny but a fiesta or a focus? i know my problem would be insurance... so the fiesta anytime but if your able to pay the extra hike go for it

#12 AntonyJ

AntonyJ

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.6 Ti-VCT Titanium X 5dr

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:53 PM

wht like this ??? http://www.fordonlin...0000990175.aspx he said he can do this for 11750 :) wat ya think ?

Looks pricey to me...
One thing to bear in mind is the Focus is going to be replaced in about 6 months (see pic at the top of this very page B) ). The current model residuals are likely to be hit hard when that comes out, so make sure that's factored in to the price. Or wait a while and get the current Focus even cheaper as it's run out (or be first in line for one of the new models if you're feeling brave...)

#13 poshpawsfiesta

poshpawsfiesta

AKA PoshPawsRenaultClio

• PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

Looks pricey to me...
One thing to bear in mind is the Focus is going to be replaced in about 6 months (see pic at the top of this very page B) ). The current model residuals are likely to be hit hard when that comes out, so make sure that's factored in to the price. Or wait a while and get the current Focus even cheaper as it's run out (or be first in line for one of the new models if you're feeling brave...)

this is what we was originally going to do wait for a special edtion current focus ( like the fiesta zetec blue) to come out with loads of extras on it but dirt cheap and buy then , but i dont no the official relase date for the new one, me and dad have been looking around alot of ford dealers lately and simmular speced fiestas are more expensive than focuses even thou it a smaller car as the new fiesta is the current new model , so even now it seems a good time to buy, but i think thy will carry the current focus on fr a while (lik the clio campus and 206) for bargain seekers and for people like me who hate the new focus :):) ergghhhh so confused on what to do , keep fezza, change now, or wiat hmmmmm hmmmm lol

#14 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

I'm confused...you said in an earlier post that the Fiesta was your mum's so by that statment the car aint even yours to sell!

Then there is your bucket of junk clio, or had you forgotten about that? For somebody who dislkes Ford's seems to be changing their story every day.

As others have said, its pointless going from a 59 plate to a 60 plate. Most people with new cars will change between year's 2 and 3 (like myself) as the loss in money is nowhere near as bad.

#15 Nico.

Nico.

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7
  • Year: 2009

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:21 PM

I'm confused...you said in an earlier post that the Fiesta was your mum's so by that statment the car aint even yours to sell!

Then there is your bucket of junk clio, or had you forgotten about that? For somebody who dislkes Ford's seems to be changing their story every day.

thats what i thought!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users