Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do You Think This Is A Good Price For My 2009 Fiesta ??

poshpawsfiesta

the car in total is just under a year old , it would of cost a good 15500 new and we paid 12500 wen it was 3 months old , so yea i do think 8750 is really low for wat it is , but depends how badly dad wants a focus dosent it lol :)

I really am beginning to think you are just making this up as you go along,

Matlock ford have identical spec ,delivery miles fiestas at £11500,yet you say you paid 12500 for a 3 month old one.

You can buy a brand new one for less than 12.5k

Am I missing something here?

Another point is when (if ) you sell the car,it will be a one year old car with 3 owners on the log book,hardly good for resale values!

Dave

I really am beginning to think you are just making this up as you go along,

Matlock ford have identical spec ,delivery miles fiestas at £11500,yet you say you paid 12500 for a 3 month old one.

You can buy a brand new one for less than 12.5k

Am I missing something here?

Another point is when (if ) you sell the car,it will be a one year old car with 3 owners on the log book,hardly good for resale values!

Dave

so on wat u have sed do u think 8750 is a good price for it then if you can get them sooo cheap as u say beacuse in my local for court thy have 3 1.4 tdci zetecs for sale

1) 2008 23,000 miles for £10000 http://www.birchwoodgroup.co.uk/used-cars/view/511084/Ford-FIESTA-1.4-TDCi-Zetec-5dr

2) 2009 16,000 miles for £11000 http://www.birchwoodgroup.co.uk/used-cars/view/511081/Ford-FIESTA-1.4-TDCi-Zetec-3dr

if this is so ''''Matlock ford have identical spec ,delivery miles fiestas at £11500'''' why any body buy car abouve when a brand new one is only 500 quid.

more so that means after a whole year and 16000 miles its only lost 500 quid , i dont get ford pricing :s :s

You are going to have a very long wait mate!

You can get a new zetec 1.4tdci 5d (well pre reg ,del miles) for 11.5k

You could get a fiesta edge brand new for 9500

Why would anyone pay you 10K ???

You are dreaming

Why do you keep quoting list pice,they are NOT 15500 new,they are nearer to 12,500 at any dealer,the list price is a nonsense.

To get a realistic price go to webuyanycar and see what they offer you,

Dave

ps

Why would anyone pay you 10K ??? as thy got the same car in there but 6 months older for 11000 so even if thy sold it for 11500 thyd be making 1500 profit, but if thy gave me only 8750 thyd be making 2750 on just one car !! surely thts not fair on the seller to make tht much money out of them ! is it ? oh and webuyany car only offered £8303 thats !Removed! redculas !

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14457

thought you were saying the renault was better than the Mk7 fez now youre posting about a fiesta? i dont get it?

no i sed the clio is better thn the fezza in SOME ways, and i am posting about getting rid of a fezza not about it being good in anyway :)

so on wat u have sed do u think 8750 is a good price for it then if you can get them sooo cheap as u say beacuse in my local for court thy have 3 1.4 tdci zetecs for sale

1) 2008 23,000 miles for £10000 http://www.birchwoodgroup.co.uk/used-cars/view/511084/Ford-FIESTA-1.4-TDCi-Zetec-5dr

2) 2009 16,000 miles for £11000 http://www.birchwoodgroup.co.uk/used-cars/view/511081/Ford-FIESTA-1.4-TDCi-Zetec-3dr

if this is so ''''Matlock ford have identical spec ,delivery miles fiestas at £11500'''' why any body buy car abouve when a brand new one is only 500 quid.

more so that means after a whole year and 16000 miles its only lost 500 quid , i dont get ford pricing :s :s

Other users of the forum would take you far more seriously if you use proper English rather than text talk.

luckily,I have managed to dechipher the above post.

For somebody going to buy a car,you really have no idea how pricing works.

The cars you quote above are deliberately overpriced,so you go along with your tatty old banger which is worth say £500 and they offer you £2500 for it,in reality thay havent given you anything,but created an illusion of a discount.

Should you need to finance the car,you now have a 25% deposit,not a 5 % deposit,so its easier to finance,again deluding the less wary customer.

Now and again,some one like you or your family come along and have no idea about pricing and havent done any research,then the dealer simply sells the car to you at an over inflated price and thinks Happy days to himself as you drive away.

Have a look at your previous posts about your mum buying her fiesta and look for similarities.

Given your vast car buying knowledge ,i would have thought you would have been au fait with all this.

so on wat u have sed do u think 8750 is a good price for it then

Given you now have two firm offers of £8300 and £8750 only you can decide if its a good price,there is no point dreaming it is "worth" 10,000 when it clearly isnt.

If you really want to find a true value,put it on e bay,see what offers you get,you could always set a reserve of 10,000 if thats what you want.

Dave

Other users of the forum would take you far more seriously if you use proper English rather than text talk.

The cars you quote above are deliberately overpriced,so you go along with your tatty old banger which is worth say £500 and they offer you £2500 for it,in reality thay havent given you anything,but created an illusion of a discount.

Should you need to finance the car,you now have a 25% deposit,not a 5 % deposit,so its easier to finance,again deluding the less wary customer.

Now and again,some one like you or your family come along and have no idea about pricing and havent done any research,then the dealer simply sells the car to you at an over inflated price and thinks Happy days to himself as you drive away.

Have a look at your previous posts about your mum buying her fiesta and look for similarities.

Given your vast car buying knowledge ,i would have thought you would have been au fait with all this.

Given you now have two firm offers of £8300 and £8750 only you can decide if its a good price,there is no point dreaming it is "worth" 10,000 when it clearly isnt.

If you really want to find a true value,put it on e bay,see what offers you get,you could always set a reserve of 10,000 if thats what you want.

Dave

+1 :lol:

Well said.

Dave

theres no need to be nasy about my writing and i never said i have a 'vast car buying knowledge' thats exactly why i put a topic on a ford foram to ask people with more knowladge than me , god i was only asking for some advise .

''have no idea about pricing and havent done any research'' thats exacly what i am doing asking you lot for advise , instead of just going ahead with the deal.

now after wat i have read i understand abit more thank you for your time.

Well poshpaws, you might be, shall we say naïve, when it comes 2 car sales but you certainly know how 2 get a forum talking! Lol :-)

Well poshpaws, you might be, shall we say naïve, when it comes 2 car sales but you certainly know how 2 get a forum talking! Lol :-)

i dont understnad how asking a ford foram on ford prices is nieve, and i dont understand why every1 is getting so het up over it, but least it gives people something to talk about yea lol :)

Two things seem to jump out of this thread...

The first is the 'text talk' - there is no anti text talk policy on FOC and we do understand that lots of people use. The language used by posters (so long as it falls within the rules) is to always be tolerated. That being said, the vast majority of users here do tend to write without text talk, as a result - as has been said elsewhere on this thread - you tend to get better answers to questions if the point is expressed clearly and in shall we say a fuller sense.

The second thing seems to be a specific problem with poshpaws - now while I admit that I am also slightly confused with his car, his sister's girlfriend's car, his mum's car and his dad's car, can we please be patient with each other and keep things friendly?

Have a nice day now.

i dont get wats confusing about our familys car ;

from the top

Dad> had a 2009 focus titanium, now he got mk7 fezza 1.4 diesel, but wants a 1.6 tdci focus.

mum > had a 2006 fezza mk 6.5 zetec (wich i shared with her ) but now has a 58 plate fiesta style plus

my sis> has a old s reg ka

my sis gf > has a new shape ka

i have > a clio but i also drive dads fezza

:) but sorry i cant help the way i type :)

You refer to them all as 'my car'...

You refer to them all as 'my car'...

i no its just habbit when talkin about them to just put my as it keeps the convo simpler

You can help how you type, no-one else presses the keys and "Post"

foram is the only one that makes me laugh!

but yeh i understand where everyone is muddled, every car is yours, you got a clio which dont get down well anywhere bar a clio forum.... you do also seem to come across as if you know alot but then dont when questioned, i dont know alot about car pricing, i got my 1st car for a price i was happy with, managed get less than most dealers were offering and as i said, i was happy and researched alot and felt i had the best set of information by the time it came too buying day!

people may slate you for yur decisions but as long as you are happy with the price, bingo aint it

Posh

Why haven't you explained that I sent you the CAP & Glasses Valuation? Check this link

http://www.fordonline.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-fiesta-16td-zetec-hatchback-blue-manual-diesel-ID_10344630001023161.aspx

Delivery mileage 1.6 Tdci Fiesta Zetec @ 10995. Yours isn't worth £10k

Lee

FordOnline

Posh

Why haven't you explained that I sent you the CAP & Glasses Valuation? Check this link

http://www.fordonline.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-fiesta-16td-zetec-hatchback-blue-manual-diesel-ID_10344630001023161.aspx

Delivery mileage 1.6 Tdci Fiesta Zetec @ 10995. Yours isn't worth £10k

Lee

FordOnline

like i said i dont doubt your qoute in anyway atall, but what its actually worth and what i want it to be worth is a diffrent thing, its the same with every car isnt it u just get annoyed when you loose so much money on a car lol , ill speak to dad see what he wants to do i personally want a focus again so ill just bug him lol , but even if we went for this one http://www.fordonline.co.uk/Used-Car-Details/used-ford-focus-16td-zetec-hatchback-metallic-panther-black-manual-diesel-ID_1067330000990175.aspx thats still a swap fee (or whatever you call it ) of £3000 , thats alot of money just to get a slightly bigger car , but like i say every gets dissapointed when they find out how much there car is really worth and its up to him weather he wants to do it, i will speak to him on saturday and see what he wants to do :):)

like i said i dont doubt your qoute in anyway atall, but what its actually worth and what i want it to be worth is a diffrent thing, its the same with every car isnt it u just get annoyed when you loose so much money on a car lol , ill speak to dad see what he wants to do i personally want a focus again so ill just bug him lol , but even if we went for this one http://www.fordonlin...0000990175.aspx thats still a swap fee (or whatever you call it ) of £3000 , thats alot of money just to get a slightly bigger car , but like i say every gets dissapointed when they find out how much there car is really worth and its up to him weather he wants to do it, i will speak to him on saturday and see what he wants to do :):)

if they have that much cash to throw away send it to me you lost what nearly 2 grand on the fiesta then trade it in for a focus so an extra 3 grand to pay drive that away and lose 1.5 to 2 grand straght off thats 6-7 grand of a loss no brainer to me did you also know the 1.6 tdci has a dpf? are they prepared to pay over £1000 to have it repolaced around the 75k mark from ford, independant is £350 for the part then they have to make it fit so say 100-150 labour then the eloys fluid top ups at 150 quid for 3 litres i can only be 100 percent honest the fiesta is a nice car nowt wrong with it its not a focus but thats the point at the end of the day.

if they have that much cash to throw away send it to me you lost what nearly 2 grand on the fiesta then trade it in for a focus so an extra 3 grand to pay drive that away and lose 1.5 to 2 grand straght off thats 6-7 grand of a loss no brainer to me did you also know the 1.6 tdci has a dpf? are they prepared to pay over £1000 to have it repolaced around the 75k mark from ford, independant is £350 for the part then they have to make it fit so say 100-150 labour then the eloys fluid top ups at 150 quid for 3 litres i can only be 100 percent honest the fiesta is a nice car nowt wrong with it its not a focus but thats the point at the end of the day.

cars are such money pits , im glad i got a 3 grand clio that after 3 years will still be worth 1500 so im only loosing 500 per year :):)

Wow this has been some whacky convo :D But posh I would say to write in proper English :D I used to come on forums and type in text but it doesn't help, which is why you will have noticed I don't talk in text talk here because I wish to be taken seriously. Also my bad for saying I would of thought it was worth 10k, I don't know much about car prices.

Heff

lol they only hate me becuse i sed a clio was better thn there beloved mk7 fezzas lol

Well understandbly why would they want you to come on a ford forum and chat BS about clios being better than fiesta when everyone on here is a ford or fiesta or both lover? :/

Heff

i am a ford lover aswell, but its being a bit narrow minded to think that a fiesta is the best car in the world as there is other cars that are better in other ways , i love the ford focus but i know a vw golf is better built a new astra has a better ride the mazda 3 is more sporty and hyundia 130 is cheaper etc etc and also i was speaking bs about clio it was my honest opinoin and the things i sed are 100% true :)

Like I said don't bother me, its your opinion but Clio's are Renaults and Renaults are French that's all I can say and oh yeh the clutches on them slip like nothing and sometimes don't even bite so yeh, but I wouldn't go on comment on a Clio forum saying that because obviously they know it's faults but like it because of what it is good at and don't need you to tell them whats wrong with it. I'm pretty sure they don't think it's the best car in the world but to them it is the best on the market for them and don't want or need you walking round saying that clio's better etc etc.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Heff

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club