#1 Heff

Heff

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Ford Model: Hopefully a Fiesta Mk6.5 1.4 Zetec

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

Hi,
I like the feature of putting status' top marks for that (y), but I think having a chat room would help the community get to each other more (or for new members to get to new other people of the community better) and it would allow you something to do while waiting for a thread/post that you could post on (I know you got log off but it may be the only hour or half hour or whatever to be able to get on) because I know when I come on I stay on for ages because I know later I will be out for hours, just a suggestion let me know what you think :D

Heff

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:16 PM

We have one - search for Chatzy... :)

#3 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

Second that i think a linked chat room would be cool , past a little time IP board would have some sort of chat upgrade available

http://community.inv...t-120-released/

#4 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,936 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

chat rooms are cool, but they pose quite a few problems to a community (saying this from experience)

1. It will kill the social aspect of the forums (just like facebook does... sucks the general chat)
2. Not everyone will be on it at the same time
3. All the cool topics and fun stuff will not be available for people to visit and join in late at night or when they get home from work.
4. Chat rooms are temporary, compared to a thread. Threads allow you to post pictures, whereas posting pics in a chat will simply dissapear after 10 mins

if you really want to enjoy chatting then post some cool stuff on the chat area and spark up conversation, people will join in and it can last for days, weeks and some months.

If we did do a chat then it would be for 1 evening per week where we would all get users to log on and chat away.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users