Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speaker Size And Folding Mirrors On Mk7 Zs

gazza81288

So no need for programming of the ESP right?

I'm afraid I have no experience in this area - hopefully someone else will be able to assist you.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iNath

• Lez

• WhiteFoFi2011

• White_ZS_TDCI

So no need for programming of the ESP right?

No, just plug and play.... if you have ESP :)

But if you want a passanger airbeg deactivation as well, you will need a deactivation swich in the gloves box, and you need IDS too...

No, just plug and play.... if you have ESP :)

But if you want a passanger airbeg deactivation as well, you will need a deactivation swich in the gloves box, and you need IDS too...

That's nice...plug and play is better for me :))

Where could I get this switch from (UK)?

By the way Lez, why should I deactivate the passenger airbag?

you can buy that swich in any Ford dealer.

i did install the swich for a babyseat....

you can buy that swich in any Ford dealer.

i did install the swich for a babyseat....

By any chance do you remember the code of the switch?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I've got 4 wire at the top of the green plug.. on the left and on the right side

the relais and the 8 cables are also in my fiesta installed

so can i use the powerfolder mirrors ?

is there any re-programming or is this plug and play ?

sorry my bad english :-)

btw.

i have an 1.6l TDCI Titanium

is there any re-programming or is this plug and play ?

Even if you buy and fit the mirrors and the switch you still need to get the car programmed to know they are there. It's not simply plug and play.

that means ?

I must drive to my ford-dealer and they must programming this ?

the switch and the powerfolding mirrors must be arrive till of the end from this week

that means ?

I must drive to my ford-dealer and they must programming this ?

the switch and the powerfolding mirrors must be arrive till of the end from this week

I don't know if Ford will do it for you, If they consider it to be factory fit only then they won't do it (or the mechanics don;t know how to do it) and you need someone who can use the IDS software to retro fit it to your car.

You may want to ask your Ford dealer before you buy the parts. You may find they can do it but it's expensive,or they may not be willing to do it at all.

Ok..

Do you know, what will be happend, if i install the powerfolding mirrors and the switch and closed the door,before re-programming ?

can there any broken something ?

or losing the programm ?

Ok..

Do you know, what will be happend, if i install the powerfolding mirrors and the switch and closed the door,before re-programming ?

or losing the programm ?

Nothing the computer will still think they are what you had before, ie motorised heated mirrors in my case, the motors will still work to move the mirror in the casing but not powerfold.

thanks for your help..

today i'm asking some Ford-Dealer about re-programming.

One Dealer can't / wouldn't do this..

he told me, he needs help directly from koln.

Thats means, one People from Ford Koln must drive to the ford-dealer to re-programming the software.

the other dealers told me, that they must look witch software do they need and if it's possible to re programming my fiesta.

I hope tomorow a have more answer.

How difficult is it, to re-programming this and how many try was necessary ?

Ok..

or losing the programm ?

I have fitted the folding mirrors and switch on my Fez before wiring and programing, it worked like the non-folding... i did not tried the swich before the programing, may it will work without programing with the swich only...

I don`t know....

no it will not work without programming.

I tried this :-)

no it will not work without programming.

I tried this :-)

Ok, so you need just get the programing done...

thanks for your help..

today i'm asking some Ford-Dealer about re-programming.

One Dealer can't / wouldn't do this..

he told me, he needs help directly from koln.

Thats means, one People from Ford Koln must drive to the ford-dealer to re-programming the software.

the other dealers told me, that they must look witch software do they need and if it's possible to re programming my fiesta.

I hope tomorow a have more answer.

How difficult is it, to re-programming this and how many try was necessary ?

It's not difficult but needs someone who understands the IDS system. Most dealers won't know how to do it, and many will be unwilling to do it even if they knew.

It's not difficult but needs someone who understands the IDS system. Most dealers won't know how to do it, and many will be unwilling to do it even if they knew.

Agree... and if they find out you did it in a non Ford dealer garage, your warranty no longer cover your car...

hey..

the project is dead.

all the ford dealers who i have asked, told me another story.

one said.. this is not possible..

the other said.. they can't and won't do this.

And now another answer.. there must be an modul in the car... and when this modul is not installed, its not possible to re programm the Fiesta to use the powerfold Mirrors .

the modul is only findable when you readout the software from the car.

I'm very confused :-(

Agree... and if they find out you did it in a non Ford dealer garage, your warranty no longer cover your car.

Agree.. because a non Ford dealer is for me a no go.. because the warranty is more important for me, than the powerfold Mirrors :-)

Ok, so will you put every thing back, and sell the power folding mirrors, and swich?

Yes.. the mirrors go back to the ebaydealer (sale or return)

i didn't install the new mirrors. there are brand new :-)

and keep the swich.

And now another answer.. there must be an modul in the car... and when this modul is not installed, its not possible to re programm the Fiesta to use the powerfold Mirrors .

the modul is only findable when you readout the software from the car.

Agree.. because a non Ford dealer is for me a no go.. because the warranty is more important for me, than the powerfold Mirrors :-)

Did you look at Nathans video? If you have the wires and relays then the wiring is in the car, just not active, Ford will most likely put the same module in all cars and turn on/off features as needed as thats cheaper than a module for every different variant. Another thing to check is could you have ordered it as an option, if you could then most likely everything hardware wise in terms of the loom, relays and electronics. Just not the actual mirrors and switch.

However your right the warranty may be more inportant to you than mirrors, you could think about it in a few years when the warranty expires, the parts will be more common then as more Fiesta with powerfold will have been scrapped, but you'll still need someone like Nathan to change the settings on the GEM module so it then knows it has them,

Yes i have seen the vid from Nathans.

and all the thinks are installed..

however i found nobody who can re programm my Fiesta

Btw

I live in Germany :-)

Btw

I live in Germany :-)

Roadtrip! ;)

I will drive to Hungary in Jul :) cross Germany on A3.... :D