Lez

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Name: Laszlo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi
  • Year: 2009

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

all doors wired with folding mirror, but not all car under dash wire loom have it...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
So i need to wire my car :) i will do next week, and i will update the topic....

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,563 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Lez,

Did yours have 6 or 8 wires behind door card where mirror plugs in?

#33 Lez

Lez

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

8 wires all way in the doors....

#34 63ellsbells

63ellsbells

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2006

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

Yes powerfold mirrors retrolfit is possible. Need 2 powerfoold mirrors and the switch for the drivers door. Then car has to be reprogramed :)

Posted Image

Hi Nath, thinking about this for my '08 Mk6 Fiesta, but not bothered about linking the power fold to the igniion/alarm etc - happy to operate them on the switch only - would reprogramming the car/ECU still be required, or would new mirrors & switch suffice?
Cheers,

#35 Lez

Lez

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hi Nath, thinking about this for my '08 Mk6 Fiesta, but not bothered about linking the power fold to the igniion/alarm etc - happy to operate them on the switch only - would reprogramming the car/ECU still be required, or would new mirrors & switch suffice?
Cheers,

on the MK6 you will not need to programming, just wirirng, send me a PM with your email address, and i will send you a guide how to instal folding mirror on MK6

Lez

#36 timsh89

timsh89

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Tim
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec-s
  • Year: 2012

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hi guys, taking delivery of my mk7 fiesta zetec-s a week on sunday, too excited

the spec of the zetec-s I'm getting is 1.6 petrol, street pack, auto-headlights & wipers, voice control etc.
would have liked the city pack on the car more so the power fold mirrors ( not so bothered about the rear parking sensors) but i got it for a cracking price so i can't complain

so im wondering does retro-fitting power fold mirrors void manufacturers warranty as i would like to try and install them as some point!

Thanks timsh89

#37 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,563 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

so im wondering does retro-fitting power fold mirrors void manufacturers warranty as i would like to try and install them as some point!

I'd like to say I cannot see why but knowing Ford they'll do anything to get out of a claim.
But then again I can't imagine you're dealer will ever notice, they'll assume it came from the factory like that.

In case of a warranty claim really they would have to prove the mirrors caused the fault (extremely unlikely) or try and get you to prove that it didn't cause it.

#38 timsh89

timsh89

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

I'd like to say I cannot see why but knowing Ford they'll do anything to get out of a claim.
But then again I can't imagine you're dealer will ever notice, they'll assume it came from the factory like that.

In case of a warranty claim really they would have to prove the mirrors caused the fault (extremely unlikely) or try and get you to prove that it didn't cause it.

cheers for the speedy reply dude, looked at your video about taking off door card, and checking the fuse box, are all the parts that would be involved all ford parts (relay, leads) and how hard will it be to do, sorry bout all the questions total rookie!

and how would you go about re-programming of the ecu go in respect to this?

Also noticed that you have sprayed interior plastics any guides for this or know any business that offer this service?

#39 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,563 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Install is relatively easy, after the door cards have been removed unplug the old ones, unscrew the nut holding it to the door, install new one. Then install the switch as well that I mention in the vid.
As for reprogramming the ECU you'd need someone with access to Ford IDS and their laptop to make the changes.

I sprayed the plastics myself, though pretty much any bodyshop should give you a quote on it.

#40 timsh89

timsh89

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

brill cheers, guessing its not wise to just go to a ford dealer n say i need ECU re-programming. will it be best if you know someone ...?

brill if i need any advice on fitting power fold mirrors or for spraying interior plastics am i ok to get in touch?

#41 Lez

Lez

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

brill cheers, guessing its not wise to just go to a ford dealer n say i need ECU re-programming. will it be best if you know someone ...?

brill if i need any advice on fitting power fold mirrors or for spraying interior plastics am i ok to get in touch?

best if you know someone with IDS, it cheaper then £80/hr by Ford, and Ford will not activate the folding mirrors, or cruise control, ect! but it will take change on your warranty.

#42 timsh89

timsh89

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

best if you know someone with IDS

Ahhh that could be a problem, so it definitely has to be re-programmed even just to work it via the newer control?

#43 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,563 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

Ahhh that could be a problem, so it definitely has to be re-programmed even just to work it via the newer control?

I'll be honest I don't know. I didn't try and use the door switch before I activated it so I couldn't answer that.
Though there'd be little point fitting it if you didn't want it to open/close with key fob?

#44 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Name: Tato
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT
  • Year: 2011

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

best if you know someone with IDS, it cheaper then £80/hr by Ford, and Ford will not activate the folding mirrors, or cruise control, ect! but it will take change on your warranty.

Hi Lez

Why they won't activate the folding mirrors?

#45 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,563 posts
Contributor

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Hi Lez

Why they won't activate the folding mirrors?

They don't know how, and if they did they'd have to warranty it which they won't want to do.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users