Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rpm At Idle

Michael76

What is the normal RPM when the engine is idling? Mine is just below 1,000rpm, and I can feel engine vibration through the seat and steering wheel. It's annoying me a bit - do you think if I take it in they will be able to stop it? The car is only 4 weeks old! Has anyone else had this issue with their new Fiesta?

Hello Michael,

Normal tickover when cold is about 1,100rpm and drop's to about 750rpm when up to normal temp

My Fiesta is 9 month's old and has alway's had a slight vibration through the wheel when cold and car sitting still but dissappear's when driving and when warm, both my Mk6's did the same. Think it's just normal of the engine at cold idle, a trip to Ford wouldn't do any harm to have a look see

Hello Michael,

Normal tickover when cold is about 1,100rpm and drop's to about 750rpm when up to normal temp

My Fiesta is 9 month's old and has alway's had a slight vibration through the wheel when cold and car sitting still but dissappear's when driving and when warm, both my Mk6's did the same. Think it's just normal of the engine at cold idle, a trip to Ford wouldn't do any harm to have a look see

Thanks for that. It happens when the engine is both hot and cold, but like yours disappears when driving or whenever the revs are higher. I'll ask them to have a look when it goes in for its 3 month check.

Thanks for that. It happens when the engine is both hot and cold, but like yours disappears when driving or whenever the revs are higher. I'll ask them to have a look when it goes in for its 3 month check.

its the same set up as the focus the car normal rpm when cold is 750+-50 rpm so from 700-800 max the fieta like the focus idle is determined by the ecu based on emissions its job is to find the lowest possible rpm and emissions since fuel doesnt burn evenly due to the flow of air to the combustion chamber the idle will not be flat it will go up and down the little vibration is in fact normal and 1000 trips to ford they will tell you the same thing most cars idle around 850-900 when warm hjowever to meet enmissions ford doesnt its low some say too low but you get used to it and it cant be changed only the ecu can do that

• 8 years later...

I'm curious about RPM's, I have a 2016 Ford Fiesta and it idles cold at about 1100. After it has warmed up, it will idle between 8 and 900 rpm's. Normal? Just curious.  Thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 3/23/2019 at 10:29 PM, JCMC said:

I'm curious about RPM's, I have a 2016 Ford Fiesta and it idles cold at about 1100. After it has warmed up, it will idle between 8 and 900 rpm's. Normal? Just curious.  Thanks!

Ive got a 13 plate fiesta and once warmed up idles at around 800 seems fairly normal

Mines a 17 plate but I've had an 06, an 09, a 13 and another 17.   They all idled at 1100 rpm when cold and varied between 900 and 1000 when warm.

• 1 month later...

If you tighten up all the air hoses, the idle speed will settle down to 700+-50 rpm which is normal.

If any air is leaking in the air hose joints or there is a hole or split, idle will be higher at 900-1000 rpm.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club