Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diy Stone Chip Paint Repairs

catch

Right on the one hand you have got the supposed "Dogs !Removed!" Langka Complete Paint Chip Repair Kit Costing with delivery £35.45 in total.

Besides the above you will need to source your own touch up paint, and clear lacquer if it's a metallic paint job. Example Here £9.49 delivered

Right there are three 2oz [uS] bottles in the kit, three micro brushes, a plastic card, a microfibre cloth. Now there is most likely nothing in that lot you cannot substitute with stuff already in or around your home.

The main thing about this Kit is the Blob Remover, which to be honest you can buy separately from the same UK supplier for £22.45 delivered. Now considering 2 US fluid ounces = 0.059147059126Lt it is !Removed! expensive.

Substitute 1. The original LANGKA "The Blob Eliminator" (2oz) (enough to do 20-30 chips) With White Spirit, when you consider you can buy 750ML of the stuff from your local DIY store, ballpark £1.50 [enough to do zillons of chips]

Substitute 2. PREPAINT (2oz) for cleaning the chips prior to applying touch up paint. us a bit of white spirit, then wash treated area with detergent and a cold rinse, and dry. This removes wax, dirt and grease from the area to be repaired. [if down to bare metal I always treat affected area with Hammerite Rust Cure]

Substitute 3. Paint Sealant (2oz) to protect and seal the finished repair. I take it if you have a car you will have the odd bottle of wax polish kicking about.

Substitute 4. MicroBrush (3) a unique tool for applying touch up paint with a fine screw driver tip [ I bought a precision screwdriver/ glasses repair kit from Tesco a while back for peanuts, 11 screwdrivers and some tweezers, an excellent bit of kit] Also using fine screw drivers like that you can clean out heavily rusted areas with out destroying adjacent good paint work. Or you could just use a tooth pick, just cut the fine end off it a bit. Such tools are great for dropping a blob of paint into the area to be repaired, creating a blob at point of paint application is the secret to this method of paint repair.

Substitute 5. Plastic Squeegie Card (1) a unique card used in this process. I used an old plastic Matalan membership card, because in essence that is what they supply.

Substitute 6. microfibre Cloth (1) for wrapping around the plastic card. I always have a supply of old shirts I keep for decorating and cleaning purposes, so I just cut them up as needed.

Now just follow the instructions as you would for the Langka product, and Bobs Your Uncle and Fannies your Aunt. Reading up on the web many people using the Langka Blob remover, comment it smooths down to fill the chip but it is dull compared to the rest of the surrounding paint when used on cars with metallic paint. Some people mix the touch up and clear coat on a one to one basis prior to application. It's all trial and error really if your a touch up novice. The length of time you leave between applying paint and using blob removing agent, due in part to ambient temperatures at the time, that affects the drying process. I bought a scratch repair kit from Aldi years ago for little money, bit like T-cut but not as aggressive. Came with two tubes of paste numbered One and Two, the latter being a fine polishing paste to finish off with.

Any way like I said it's all trial and error if you have not done it before.The secret is you need a very light touch when using the agent to remove the blob. In essence, as you lightly move the cloth and plastic card over the blob you will feel the resistance of the blob against the process. As soon as that resistance disappears STOP, it means the applied paint is now level with the surrounding body work. But if you go to far and remove the applied paint from the repaired area, just go back to the applying blob stage and start again. Hell using stuff found lying about the home it ain't costing you bugger all. And it will increase you skill base in paint repair application, learning any trade is all about perfecting the process....Good Luck.

Right on the one hand you have got the supposed "Dogs !Removed!" Langka Complete Paint Chip Repair Kit Costing with delivery £35.45 in total.

Besides the above you will need to source your own touch up paint, and clear lacquer if it's a metallic paint job. Example Here £9.49 delivered

Right there are three 2oz [uS] bottles in the kit, three micro brushes, a plastic card, a microfibre cloth. Now there is most likely nothing in that lot you cannot substitute with stuff already in or around your home.

The main thing about this Kit is the Blob Remover, which to be honest you can buy separately from the same UK supplier for £22.45 delivered. Now considering 2 US fluid ounces = 0.059147059126Lt it is !Removed! expensive.

Substitute 1. The original LANGKA "The Blob Eliminator" (2oz) (enough to do 20-30 chips) With White Spirit, when you consider you can buy 750ML of the stuff from your local DIY store, ballpark £1.50 [enough to do zillons of chips]

Substitute 2. PREPAINT (2oz) for cleaning the chips prior to applying touch up paint. us a bit of white spirit, then wash treated area with detergent and a cold rinse, and dry. This removes wax, dirt and grease from the area to be repaired. [if down to bare metal I always treat affected area with Hammerite Rust Cure]

Substitute 3. Paint Sealant (2oz) to protect and seal the finished repair. I take it if you have a car you will have the odd bottle of wax polish kicking about.

Substitute 4. MicroBrush (3) a unique tool for applying touch up paint with a fine screw driver tip [ I bought a precision screwdriver/ glasses repair kit from Tesco a while back for peanuts, 11 screwdrivers and some tweezers, an excellent bit of kit] Also using fine screw drivers like that you can clean out heavily rusted areas with out destroying adjacent good paint work. Or you could just use a tooth pick, just cut the fine end off it a bit. Such tools are great for dropping a blob of paint into the area to be repaired, creating a blob at point of paint application is the secret to this method of paint repair.

Substitute 5. Plastic Squeegie Card (1) a unique card used in this process. I used an old plastic Matalan membership card, because in essence that is what they supply.

Substitute 6. Microfibre Cloth (1) for wrapping around the plastic card. I always have a supply of old shirts I keep for decorating and cleaning purposes, so I just cut them up as needed.

Now just follow the instructions as you would for the Langka product, and Bobs Your Uncle and Fannies your Aunt. Reading up on the web many people using the Langka Blob remover, comment it smooths down to fill the chip but it is dull compared to the rest of the surrounding paint when used on cars with metallic paint. Some people mix the touch up and clear coat on a one to one basis prior to application. It's all trial and error really if your a touch up novice. The length of time you leave between applying paint and using blob removing agent, due in part to ambient temperatures at the time, that affects the drying process. I bought a scratch repair kit from Aldi years ago for little money, bit like T-cut but not as aggressive. Came with two tubes of paste numbered One and Two, the latter being a fine polishing paste to finish off with.

Any way like I said it's all trial and error if you have not done it before.The secret is you need a very light touch when using the agent to remove the blob. In essence, as you lightly move the cloth and plastic card over the blob you will feel the resistance of the blob against the process. As soon as that resistance disappears STOP, it means the applied paint is now level with the surrounding body work. But if you go to far and remove the applied paint from the repaired area, just go back to the applying blob stage and start again. Hell using stuff found lying about the home it ain't costing you bugger all. And it will increase you skill base in paint repair application, learning any trade is all about perfecting the process....Good Luck.

Substitute 6. Microfibre Cloth (1) for wrapping around the plastic card. I always have a supply of old shirts I keep for decorating and cleaning purposes, so I just cut them up as needed.

Good advise and very true,I have tried and agree It's not magical stuff that you pays £35..... for.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club