Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With 1.6Tdci

benholden2008

had a problem with my fiesta earlier, was exiting a roundabout so put my foot down then all of a sudden there was no power, car cut out and 'Engine malfunction, service now' message appeared on the screen.

Managed to coast up to a set of lights were the car refused to start for a good five minutes, eventually the car started and error messge disapeared.

so carried on as normal but the car felt very flat and sluggish so decided to head home....

Anyway, once home i left it for about 20mins then fired her up, again no engine malfunction message but i could sit with the accelerator pedal flat to the floor and it would not rev above 3,000rpm (asif something was limiting it)

Just been out to fire it up on last time before i ring ford tomorrow and everythings fine now? Really can't understand what went wrong and have never know anything like this to happen before? so has anyone experienced this before and should i book it into ford just to the safe?

when there is a problem with the engine management the car will go into limp home mode which sounds as if this happened with your car. it could of been just a one off glitch which has now rectified itself. if it happens again i would get a local garage (cheaper that fords)to see if any fault codes are stored in the ecu, if there is it will point towards what the problem is.

Just been out and it done it again, only when Giving it some in 3rd and 4th it seems to do it, feels like it's overfueling so will have to get in booked into ford,

Thanks for the advise

Dont like the sound of that as we have identical cars.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club