4 replies to this topic

#1 SueKA

SueKA

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: KA Collection

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hi

Dont know if anyone can help me, a friend offered to change the spark plugs on my KA as they were missed on my last service, when changing them one has snapped and he has been unable to remove it.

Does anyone know if this will be costly to repair?

Thanks
Sue

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

if it was just the top of the plug that snapped you should still be able to get a socket on the hex of the plug, try a good dose of penetrating fluid around the plug first.

#3 jay1981

jay1981

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8 TDCI
  • Year: 2009

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

Must be a HCS/Endura engine :lol:

If the plug is snapped of flush with the head could be costly, depending on how long it takes to remove the snapped off plug, and if the head has to come off. Its always good idea to put a bit of copperslip grease on the threads of the plug before fitting it.

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

Must be a HCS/Endura engine :lol:

If the plug is snapped of flush with the head could be costly, depending on how long it takes to remove the snapped off plug, and if the head has to come off. Its always good idea to put a bit of copperslip grease on the threads of the plug before fitting it.

if its snapped completely and you cant get it out you may get to it with the rocker cover off otherwise its a head job can indicate water getting into the plug wells and corroding them new ones if he gets it out give the threads a good rubb in copper grease thread them in by hand then remove them again and put the final smear of grease on them then refit

#5 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,757 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
Contributor

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:39 PM

if you are going to be able to remove the plug yourself, one product i will recommend for any seized bolts, nuts whatever is 'plusgas dismantling lubricant' its pricey but is well worth the expense.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users