Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta & Android

freeman3030

Hi,

I'm really interested in the new shape Ford Fiesta Titanium. The spec looks great!

I've been thoroughly researching and found the Ford-Mobile-Connectivity website to see about compatibility with the Fiesta and mobile phones.

Unfortunately, my phone (HTC Desire) hasn't been tested and doesn't appear on the website.

All I want to find out is if anyone else has the HTC Desire and if they've had any compatibility issues.

Many thanks,

James

Hello and Welcome :)

I've got the HTC Desire and can conirm that it works well with the fiesta. It's absolutely fine to make and receive calls, but accessing the phone book can be a little flakey at times :)

Hello and Welcome :)

I've got the HTC Desire and can conirm that it works well with the fiesta. It's absolutely fine to make and receive calls, but accessing the phone book can be a little flakey at times :)

Thank you so much! I'm really glad to hear it works well... I just can't wait to go and get myself one!

Just a couple of other questions though:

1) I know you said accessing the phone book is a bit flakey... does it recognise your contacts names when you say them or do you have a pre-programme numbers and names into the car itself?

2) Do you play music from your phone through the USB port? If so, how much control do you have over the music... does it shuffle all music on the micro SD or does it recognise playlists, artists, albums etc.?

Thankyou for your help though,

It's much appreciated :)

Have the Desire as well, took a little while to hook up with the bluetooth, when i searched for compatible bluetooth it found the car radio but seemed to time out and i had to put the code in (different code pop's up each time) about 4 times. The last time i did a search and as soon as the radio popped in i went straight to it (while it still said searching) and connected straight away.

Not done any of the phone book stuff as i only phone or recieve calls from the missus.

Not put any music through it either.

Paul.

Thank you so much! I'm really glad to hear it works well... I just can't wait to go and get myself one!

Just a couple of other questions though:

1) I know you said accessing the phone book is a bit flakey... does it recognise your contacts names when you say them or do you have a pre-programme numbers and names into the car itself?

2) Do you play music from your phone through the USB port? If so, how much control do you have over the music... does it shuffle all music on the micro SD or does it recognise playlists, artists, albums etc.?

Thankyou for your help though,

It's much appreciated :)

1) For any phone with the fiesta, you have to manually store any nuber you want to use voice with. i.e. you must type or speak the number, then store that with a voice tag.

2) When we got our titanium, neither bluetooth nor USB were standard, and we only opted for the standard bluetooth without USB, so I can't comment on that.

You're quite welcome, for the help... It is a forum after all :D :D

Thankyou for your answers... that's it, I'm going shopping for one in precisely 1 week & 3 days! Roll on next Saturday :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club