Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member Thinking About Getting 2 New Fiesta's

Gazzaroon

Hi there,

I am new to the place and currently seriously thinking about getting 2 new Fiesta Titaniums within the next couple of months. The first will be for my wife and she is undecided as to whether get the 1.25 or 1.4 version and I am definitely getting the 1.6 engine but can't decide whether to get the Sport ( zetec S in the UK ) or the Titanium. I have to say I am very impressed with the dealer we went to see and this has really determined the cars we will get.

Current cars: Wifes car: 2005 Skoda Fabia - great car but time for a change. My car: Honda Civic 1.8 i-vtec executive - great car and will miss it but it's time to move on.

So watch this space as I am sure I will have some questions regarding the new car(s).

I hope to get to know you all soon

Welcome to FOC

Speaking as a Titanium owner - I can't see why anyone would take the Zetec S over it. It handles very nicely and I wouldn't want it any stiffer at all - plus the seats in the Zetec S are too small whereas the Titanium's are plenty supportive enough.

All the toys on the Titanium make it the best choice as far as I'm concerned - stick a dressup kit on it and you join the rather exclusive dressed up Titanium club, whereas Zetec Ss are ten a penny here. I have never seen an exact copy of my car, and that's saying something.

i think you should go for the zetec s if your looking for something fun to drive as they are spectacular cars to drive i dont see why your wife doesnt get a fiesta zetec either as the 1.25 is a bit throaty if your giving it some juice and the 1.4 is good but it cant compare to the luxury you get with the zetec

I am actually thinking of getting the 1.6 Titanium with the 'dress up' kit as the Honda Civic has a harsh ride and I am looking for a softer ride, if I am honest. My wife is being directed, by me, towards the 1.4 with the larger engine and I think she will get that one. She doesn't need the Zetec S as she tends to remove paint from cars when she parks ;)

Good call. I went a bit loopy with the option list and had nearly all of it - but I've never regretted it.

Don't get me wrong I am seriously looking at the options list as we speak, but I live in Poland and things are a little different over here. But, thankfully the sales manager of the dealer we went to is a great guy and simply gave us the keys to the test car to have some fun in for a couple of hours as he said " the car will sell itself" and he was right. 45mins later we were sold!

I looked at the MiTo but it simply doesn't compare with standard equipment to the Fiesta and to be honest I feel a lot safer buying a Ford than an Alfa! I am sold on the Fiesta and even though I have a Civic am looking forward to getting the new Fiesta.

Don't get me wrong I am seriously looking at the options list as we speak, but I live in Poland and things are a little different over here. But, thankfully the sales manager of the dealer we went to is a great guy and simply gave us the keys to the test car to have some fun in for a couple of hours as he said " the car will sell itself" and he was right. 45mins later we were sold!

I looked at the MiTo but it simply doesn't compare with standard equipment to the Fiesta and to be honest I feel a lot safer buying a Ford than an Alfa! I am sold on the Fiesta and even though I have a Civic am looking forward to getting the new Fiesta.

What ever your do, do not buy the MiTo, the car will be forever breaking down or falling apart! If my insurance would have allowed it, I would have gone for the titanium with the full dress up kit as its got all the gadgets! Do you not get the S1600 in Poland?

What ever your do, do not buy the MiTo, the car will be forever breaking down or falling apart! If my insurance would have allowed it, I would have gone for the titanium with the full dress up kit as its got all the gadgets! Do you not get the S1600 in Poland?

No, the MiTo is definitely off the list now. Apart from anything else the Dealer's attitude was appalling when we went to see them. Also once I had actually sat in the Fiesta and test driven it, sitting in the MiTo seemed a little bland - not sure if that was because of the Dealers attitude but that was the feeling both myself and my wife had.

Yes we do get the S1600 but it's not for me - I want a more pleasant drive than it would offer :)

• 4 weeks later...

So the latest update:

My wife is getting the 1.25 Titanium version in Hot Magenta in a week or two as we are just waiting for the details to be ironed out. And, I am getting the black 1.6 Zetec S version a little after that as I continue to look to sell my present car. So moving forward nicely :)

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club