Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Matt_focus_zetec

Focus Dashboard Secret (Trick)

136 posts in this topic

Yes that's exactly what I did. But it just beeped and reset my trip counter and started as normal.

Is there a length of time I'm sposed to hold the reset button for?

Thank you for this mate

Keep holding after starting, the first action of the test will be a dial needle sweep and full dash light illumination.

Further presses after this will cycle through further test phases.

I recommend photographing every test message on the screen so you don't miss any data.

Just managed it mate. Forgive the idiot. Don't think I was holding long enough. Many thanks Stoney

It's a good lil trick I've found. I can also do a test mode for the trip computer

Ok this is my video (done last night) ;) I used this to monitor the battery voltage on my Kuga (when the alternator was starting to fail). I wish that Ford would allow us to set the gauge sweep (Lexus style) from the menu.

Come on Ford how hard could it be PLEASE B)

While I have a 2011 1.2 fiesta and when it starts up the tachometer and the speedo meter stick or wobble for a few seconds is this normal in cold weather or is it the start of a bad battery or something , the car runs fine apart from this .

Kind regards

Cliff.

Can anyone help me?

i just did this on my LX mk2 TDCi.

I got D900 - no idea what that is - cant find anything for that or for D0900

and 9600 - 9600 PATS Ignition Key Transponder Signal is Not Received - which i guess would be to do with the key? I only have one key and the battery dosent work in it - so i guess thats nothing to worry about? right? ha!?

D900 is actually a pretty common one

It doesn't necessarily mean that there is a fault - just that there was a break in communication in the CANBUS Network.

Has your car battery been flat? Car jump started? These can both cause it.

Clear the code and you should be ok on that one.

S

DTC 9600 could be as you suspect

nicima likes this

Ah yeah cheers for that. Its had a new battery! Awesome to know that there aren't anymore fault codes on the car!

Sweet!

Awesome trick to share and know how to do - i might do this when i buy other fords in the future ha!