2 replies to this topic

#1 bigdaz86

bigdaz86

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 1.8 style 57 plate

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

i have just bought a sony 6 cd player for my focus and will be swapping it over for the old one. how hard is it to do this and do i need any special tools? oh the sony cd player is the one found in focuses so is same shape etc.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Nigel S

Nigel S

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Name: Nigel
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk 2 2.0 Zetec Climate
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:43 AM

You just need the four special keys to get the old one out* then it's plug, fit and play. The keys are available on the 'net for under a tenner.

Where did you get the Sony from? I would like one too!

*If you ask nicely most Ford dealers will freely get your old stereo out for you.

#3 bigdaz86

bigdaz86

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Ford Model: focus 1.8 style 57 plate

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:54 PM

You just need the four special keys to get the old one out* then it's plug, fit and play. The keys are available on the 'net for under a tenner.

Where did you get the Sony from? I would like one too!

*If you ask nicely most Ford dealers will freely get your old stereo out for you.

cool thanks for that al need to get a set. i bought it from ebay for 56 its the 6 disc sony one it should be good. it only went so cheap because it didnt have the key code and it had a v serial number which your supposed to need a dealer to get but i found a guy on ebay who can get the code for under 5 so its been a real bargain.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users