• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 flyinbrian

flyinbrian

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: modeo mk3tdci

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:36 PM

ok guys newbie on here,my first mondeo!!! problem as stands and things checked so far. it will start if bumped off. removed starter had it checked is ok. all connections good. it has only twice though tried to turn over but battery was low on power so charged it up and now it wont turn again. checked fo 12volts to starter and it appears to me its only getting 3 - 4 volts. any suggestions please

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 tommy.h

tommy.h

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Name: tom
  • Ford Model: mondeo 2.0 diesel mk4
  • Year: 2007

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:47 AM

ok guys newbie on here,my first mondeo!!! problem as stands and things checked so far. it will start if bumped off. removed starter had it checked is ok. all connections good. it has only twice though tried to turn over but battery was low on power so charged it up and now it wont turn again. checked fo 12volts to starter and it appears to me its only getting 3 - 4 volts. any suggestions please

Hi flyin brian
if as you say you have checked everything else i suggest you get the battery tested as it may be faulty and not able to deliver the current.

tom

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,655 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

try connecting a jump lead from the negative battery terminal to a clean bit of metal on the engine and see if it starts

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users