Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Few Mk6 Questions

Hellbreather

Hi everyone,

So before I go mad on looking at parts, I had a couple of questions:

1) I have the 2002 LX Model, is there any chance I can fit heated&folding electric mirrors onto it? (I already have electric ones)

2) Will the MK6 Facelift light assemblies fit into my Fiesta? Also do they make the car look better or will it just look weird on a 2002 model?

3) I haven't yet got an owners manual so how easy it to change the gear knob/handbrake and how do I set the time on the computer as it is an Hour behind.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks to everyone who can help.

James.

Hi everyone,

So before I go mad on looking at parts, I had a couple of questions:

1) I have the 2002 LX Model, is there any chance I can fit heated&folding electric mirrors onto it? (I already have electric ones)

2) Will the MK6 Facelift light assemblies fit into my Fiesta? Also do they make the car look better or will it just look weird on a 2002 model? YES - THE FRONT IS A STRAIGHT SWAP ALTHOUGH THE REAR REQUIRES SOME CHANGES. I IMAGINE IT WILL LOOK GOOD :)

3) I haven't yet got an owners manual so how easy it to change the gear knob/handbrake and how do I set the time on the computer as it is an Hour behind. TO CHANGE THE GEARKNOB THERE WILL BE ONE OF TWO THINGS, SIMP0LY JUST TURN THE KNOB OFF ITS THREAD OR THERE WILL BE A SCREW HOLDING IT IN PLACE (NOT SURE IF MK6 IS SANE AS THE FACELIFT VERSION)I WOULD JUST LEAVE THE CLOCK UNTIL NEXT SPRING FOR CHANGING :lol:Sorry for all the questions and thanks to everyone who can help.

James.

The gearknob question - the gearknob just unscrews from the gear lever, no little screw to undo first.

The lights - I believe the fronts are a straight swap, the rears you need to find a set of Lexus light looms or chop the fitted looms and swap wires around (which is a pain in the proverbial to do and screws up your chance of an easy swap back to standard lights)

Hope this helps.

B)

Hi

One extra wire from the existing reversing light to the new extra reversing light is all that is needed apparently I stand to be corrected.

Jamie

The folding mirrors frm what iv read are possible but more hassle than it's worth, do a quick search on here buddy

To swap to the mk 6.5 tail lights wouldnt you need the light board from the 6.5 as well as the wire since the mk 6 only has the reverse light on one side?

Hi

I was told that it was just one wire from the original reversing light to the extra one.

There are no no other extra lights on the rear of the car so i assume you dont need to go to the trouble of getting the light board.

Make sure that if you do change to 6.5 lights that the bulb holders are present in the new lights as iam not 100% certain that the old bulb holder would fit.

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club